Now I'm beyond pissed

Jonmalibuss

So I left my g/f's place tonight and was on my way home when I see a cop behind me, I figured no big deal i'm well within the speed limit so I get in the left left had turn lane (there are two) and this cop stays in the lane to go straight. I look over and see the same rookie in the car who pulled me over and arrested me for no apparent reason. Then I see another car pull up in the turn lane next to me and yes it's a cop. :banghead: So I leave the light going really slow and cautious and I am cruising at about 45mph in a 50 and the cop will not pass me so I just stay where I am. Then he decides to speed up and get infront of me which felt like a relief untill he slows back to 45mph then to 40mph then he gets into the right lane and slows as if he's gonna come to a stop. So I find the next left and take it even though I was gonna go straight to go home and I see the cop speed off going straight. so I take that street down and make a right at the next street and then a left at the next street to head home when :dupe: I get pulled over. So this cop went out of his way because i'm sure his buddy (the cop who tried to arrest me and my dad) told him to get me on anything he could. So I now have another ticker for modified exhaust, window tint, and no front plate. :banghead: WTF They could be out making much better use of their time rather than bothering me, infact I know of a bunch of drug dealers that live up the street from me. I know this because they sit and wait infront of my house for their friends to call them up the street. We call the cops and absolutly nothing happends. Whats this world comming to??? :banghead:

I'm sorry to all you officers on the board but I now completely understand why some people hate cops so much.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dam man thats sucks, im sure you can have at least on epair of the tickets dropped since you already have them , they have to give you some time to fix the stuff. it seems lik ewhen ever i get pulled over in happens alot at a certain period then i wont get hassled for a while.

I just don't understand why I am being hasseled for having a nice vehicle?!?!

it sucks now a days man . he may have been hassling you for the other cop or he may have just had a stick up his ass. one thing i have learned to do is try and keep calm and kill them with politeness. sometimes it works and sometimes you still get a ticket. i wish all cops were nice but no matter the profession , there is always a prick in it.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

That really sucks, and I hate that you are being targeted like that :banghead: I guess I'm lucky, cause I've never been pulled over (knock on wood). But I can relate a little. When my brother still lived in town, this one cop, would pull him over all the time. He didn't get a ticket all the time, but he got to the point that he stopped driving his truck and took mom and dad's car when he went out. Anyhow, maybe this will be the end of it and they will stop harassing you like that.

When i was younger for some reason i used to attract the attention of the Police while driving, i think it might have had something to do with the fact that i was a young person driving an American Car (then quite a rareity in the UK back then 25+ years ago lol) plus i had a habit of seeing how far i could peel out leaving big black tire marks all the way down the road, it as almost as if they didn't like the smell of burnt rubber lol.. now i'm not saying you drive like i used to but as i've got older i have been more selective where and when i do Burnouts, doughnuts or generally show off lol and as such don't get as many pulls anymore...

The problem is for some reason it sounds like you've pissed off a copper and to be honest i don't know how you're gonna resolve it, if it continues i'd keep a diary of evry time you get stopped and maybe report him to his superior officer, abuse of police power in the UK is a very serious offence and i'm sure it will be the same in the USA.

hope it all gets sorted quickly for you so you can enjoy your SS..

ALL THE BEST

EAMONN

maybe this will cheer you up?

The cop got out of his car and the kid who was stopped for

speeding rolled down his window.

"I've been waiting for you all day," the cop said.

The kid replied, "Yeah, well I got here as fast as I could."

When the cop finally stopped laughing, he sent the kid on his

way without a ticket.

Edited by eamonnschevy (see edit history)

I just don't understand why I am being hasseled for having a nice vehicle?!?!

it sucks now a days man . he may have been hassling you for the other cop or he may have just had a stick up his ass. one thing i have learned to do is try and keep calm and kill them with politeness. sometimes it works and sometimes you still get a ticket. i wish all cops were nice but no matter the profession , there is always a prick in it.

:withstupid: your only other option is to get rid of the tints and get a front plate. But if you are targeted you will be continually pulled over. I went through something when i had a STi, first tints, then he told me i had modified exhaust (it was stock) then they thought i stole it after they had nothing left to do. eventually..i drove less :sigh: then they just got bored of it. i dont know what else i cant tell you about this. hope it stops soon buddy

I was in the same situation when I was younger. I had a lowrider and one cop just didnt like me from the start. I was avg being pulled over 2 times a week for nothing. Filed complaints with the department and everything but nothing would ever happen. Finally solved that issue by selling my ride and getting something different, then they couldnt figure me out, at least thats when the tickets stopped and I havent had problems anymore.

WTF They could be out making much better use of their time rather than bothering me, infact I know of a bunch of drug dealers that live up the street from me. I know this because they sit and wait infront of my house for their friends to call them up the street. We call the cops and absolutly nothing happends. Whats this world comming to??? :banghead:

I'm guessing they know about drug activity in your neighborhood.

They may suspect you're the drug dealer since you do have the nice vehicle, and

using that to justify pulling you over and will continue to do so every time they see you.

Fix the infractions, tint, front plate, loud exhaust. As long as you have items they can easily write citations for, they will, and you're making it easy for them to do it.

You can always go back after things cool off. It's really not harrassment since you do have some vehicle compliance issues that need fixed. Now if you are in compliance and it continues, then you could pursue harrassment against the cop.

Things you may want to consider:

Fix the infractions

Contact the Mayor's office

Letter to the editor of the local paper

Contact the investigative reporter at the local TV station

Mount a video camera in your truck so you have video documentation as well

I wouldn't think the mayor/city council would appreciate bad press about an over zealous rookie cop if he's abusing his police powers. Right now he's enforcing the law, but he may have enough of a hard-on for you, he may screw up when you have things in order, correct and proper ;)

WTF They could be out making much better use of their time rather than bothering me, infact I know of a bunch of drug dealers that live up the street from me. I know this because they sit and wait infront of my house for their friends to call them up the street. We call the cops and absolutly nothing happends. Whats this world comming to??? :banghead:

I'm guessing they know about drug activity in your neighborhood.

They may suspect you're the drug dealer since you do have the nice vehicle, and

using that to justify pulling you over and will continue to do so every time they see you.

Fix the infractions, tint, front plate, loud exhaust. As long as you have items they can easily write citations for, they will, and you're making it easy for them to do it.

You can always go back after things cool off. It's really not harrassment since you do have some vehicle compliance issues that need fixed. Now if you are in compliance and it continues, then you could pursue harrassment against the cop.

Things you may want to consider:

Fix the infractions

Contact the Mayor's office

Letter to the editor of the local paper

Contact the investigative reporter at the local TV station

Mount a video camera in your truck so you have video documentation as well

I wouldn't think the mayor/city council would appreciate bad press about an over zealous rookie cop if he's abusing his police powers. Right now he's enforcing the law, but he may have enough of a hard-on for you, he may screw up when you have things in order, correct and proper ;)

Very well put. I have a couple of relatives that are cops and I'm also friends with a few Boston cops. I'm not sure what your demeanor is when you get pulled over, but in addition to fixing the infractions, there are two short sentences that you need to remember, "Yes sir. No sir" You don't need to say anything else. It shows the respect that they think they need and if they are harrassing you, and they try to egg you on, as long as you stay focused on "Yes sir. No sir." they can't break you.

But yes, you are making it easy for them. Who knows? They could be completely unrelated. I'm sure they aren't, but as long as you give them a reason, they're gonna keep it up. I'm sure your exhaust and tint weren't cheap, but removing them now is gonna be far cheaper than multiple infractions. You can always keep your pipes and put them on after everything cools down.

Wow, that sounds just like the cop that pulled me over back in April. He got off the highway and then came back on at the next exit to pull me over. Why he didn't just slow down and get behind me in the first place, I'll never know. Guess they like to play games sometimes.

Its a shame what they are doing. Do you know if there are any cops, city/community council/politicians etc that live on your street or an area you frequently pass by? What it sounds like to me is that you either pissed off the rookie, screwed his sister/mother, or someone else who is asking them to press on you. I'll be a little bit more civil in this thread about cops, but still think 90% of them don't give dam about you.

Covering another subject of cops and respect...what makes cops think they deserve my respect? They spend 12-24months in an academy and half probably have never compelted a 4 yr degree (although it is becoming more common to have one to get hired). If you are so deserving of respect, where is my respect? When you pull us over, you judge us and make assumptions but we are not supposed to do the same to you? If you are fat lazy donut eating slob or cocky little half pint napolean complex issue m'fer, we are supposed to honor you? Respect you? Because some crooked politician says so? Get real...respect is earned and until you have earned my respect, you wont get it. If I didnt love life so much, I would probably seriously hurt some of these cops. They are nothing but legal bullies.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

:nonod: Yup you're being hazed; you know it, they know it. I agree with HRT in that you are at a higher likelyhood of being busted just because of the environment. I'm not saying at all that what is happening to you is right. I mean the neighborhood can't be all that great if the cops are regularly patrolling in pairs and you are a lot easier target than the real troublemakers. I know this is going to be a stretch to say but you've totally been stereotyped and now you are going to have to break that somehow.

Mr. P.