Now I'm beyond pissed

Jonmalibuss

:nonod: Yup you're being hazed; you know it, they know it.  I agree with HRT in that you are at a higher likelyhood of being busted just because of the environment.    I'm not saying at all that what is happening to you is right.  I mean the neighborhood can't be all that great if the cops are regularly patrolling in pairs and you are a lot easier target than the real troublemakers.  I know this is going to be a stretch to say but you've totally been stereotyped and now you are going to have to break that somehow.

Mr. P.

Thats whats odd is it's just been very recent that the cops have been around the area because most of the houses in the area are over a million dollars and e live right at the base of the mountains so in general 90% of the people on the streets live in the area because it's not like people would be driving through our area to get somewhere, It would be way out of anyones way.

Well I have removed the tint today at lunch and I just finished installing the front plate. The reason I never installed it is because Chevy designed a bumper with holes in it but never made a bracket to correctly hold or fasten the plate without it looking halfassed. I ended up cutting two 1" diameter by 3/4" long spacers out of aluminum round stock and drilled a 1/4" hole in it and fastened it with two hex head stainless bolts which I polished and used stainless AN washers.

As far as the exhaust goes there is a 95db limit but it's not inforced this way because the police or the CHP aren't provided with the db meter to beable to read this. We have one at work for testing our exhaust systems and as I expected just a tad over 95bd it read 97 db. This test is done 20" from the tip at a 45* angle. We backed up the meter a bit and retested and it read 93db so we recorded this test on the db meter and I will have a print out very soon with a report stating that it's a legal exhaust system. I guess I will need to carry this info with me for the next time I get pulled over.

sucks that you gotta go to these lengths, but the visuals are the attention getters. once the heat wears off, i'd throw the tint back in. maybe not so dark.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But a million dollar house in Cali is what, 1200-1400 square feet.  :jester:

J/k.  :crackup:

LOL The condo I am working on getting for $320K is 1100sq. ft.

My dad lived in San Jose from 85'-90', and when they sold their house to move back it was a 1400 SF home that went for $360K.

The market out there is crazy. :crazy:

My advise (being a cops son) is to go to the station and make a formal complaint to the Lt. or Sgt. I would also keep my video camera handy and video the harassment, it's perfectly legal to do and the cop can't do anything about. My uncle had to goto the sheriff station to take care of something, they gave him the run around 3 different days :banghead: . My dad (cop) told him to take his camera and take pics, when they seen him do that their attitude changed real quick and they became very helpful :D

As far as the exhaust goes there is a 95db limit but it's not inforced this way because the police or the CHP aren't provided with the db meter to beable to read this. We have one at work for testing our exhaust systems and as I expected just a tad over 95bd it read 97 db. This test is done 20" from the tip at a 45* angle. We backed up the meter a bit and retested and it read 93db so we recorded this test on the db meter and I will have a print out very soon with a report stating that it's a legal exhaust system. I guess I will need to carry this info with me for the next time I get pulled over.

call the CHP and ask them what is required to get it sighned off. i'm home right now, and do not have the vehicel code book with me. but i think they don't go by db anymore. i think it is... any mods. to the exhaust to make it louder than factory stock..... years ago the exhaust system was part of the emisson system all the way to the tail pipe. the rule of " missing or modified or disconnected " would cause a failure in your smog test.

good luck, and i'll try to look it up thrs. keep an eye out for the cops that have pulled you over, they may be playing TAG TEAM with you, if you see any one of them and you gat pulled over again contact there watch commander and file a complant to him.....

:seeya:

Go to court and explain it to the judge and wait to see what he say's.

The only problem with telling it to the judge, is that unfortunately the judge regards the police officers as professional witnesses to the court; they are his eyes and ears on the street. What and how a cop says happened is usually the gospel in court, unless there is video to the contrary. Probable cause, equipment violations, minor traffic infractions, etc, etc, they can pull over pretty much anyone and cite them, and it will fall under one of those reasons. That's what I've observed while sitting in traffic court waiting to my turn, or heard from friends who used to be cadets going on ride-alongs.

Sorry you are being singled out John, I know the frustration from back in my fast motorcycle days when I felt the same way. I never got arrested, but accumulated enough citations/points to get tangled with the DMV wanting to take my license a couple times. This cop obviously has a hard on for you now, and is sharing it with his coworkers. Getting into a pissing contest with him/them will only make things worse IMO. What especially sucks is that for him, searching you out is just a fun game to play at work, but for you it's upsetting all the time and effects everyday life.

Playing it cool, doing the "yes sir, no sir" thing when stopped, putting on a front plate, and removing your front tint (or making it much lighter) will definetly help, as those are the easiest things they look for to pull someone over. Your tint IS pretty dark, and at night it's probably impossible to see in, right? If they can't see you inside your vehicle, especially at night, it raises suspision. I've had cops flip U-turns in traffic because they couldn't see inside my (past) cars - and that's exactly what they told me.

If you do those things, they will probably lighten up on you because they will see you are complying with the law. A buddy once got pulled over in his Corvette for speeding, but because he had the front plate installed (which looks horrible), they let him go.

These are all just a bunch of thoughts that came to mind from years of cat and mouse experience with police after reading your story, hope they help.

A couple of years back I was a Juror in a case that went to court, and one of the main witnesses was a military something or other, I can't remember the rank, and the judge told us jurors that we has to give no more or less credibility to the military officer than any other person. I would think that it would be the same with a police officer.

I just don't understand why I am being hasseled for having a nice vehicle?!?!

Damn, again? Sorry to hear this dude, that sucks.

What I've learned the last couple weeks is, if your not being hasseled for having a nice vehicle, then it is getting vandalized.

cal. vehicle code....

VC.- 27150(a) adequate muffler required...

in short- every motor vehicle shall at all times be equipped with a adequate muffler, and maintained to prevent excessive or unusual noise. no exaust system shall be equipped with a cutout, bypass, or similar device......... :mad:

VC- 27150.2(b) regulations governing exaust systems...

in short- a certificates of compliance for a vehicle with a manufacturer'sgross vehicle weight raiting of less than 6000 lbs. comply with sections 27150 and 27151 if thay emit no more than 95 dba when tested in accordance with society of automotive engineers standard J1169 MAY 1998.

need to go to a referee station to get it tested. when it passes, thay will give you a certicate of compliance with make model year and vin and type of exaust on it. and KEEP it in the truck for the next time :banghead:

if you ever get a chance to read VC. 27151 VC. 27152 you'll :crackup: no side exit exaust with tips between 2 feet and 11 feet off the ground

hope this helps good luck

:seeya:

You'd definitely get pulled here for the tint. Beyond that, I see other trucks with everything else you describe get overlooked completely. Now, Im not going to say there are more trucks than cars here, but it sure seems that way.