just a little pissed off

Well im kinda pissed off today, i was having a good day and figured id pick my parents up supper because i was going to their house after work. I get there and my parents tell me that there is some bad news. My mom got fired from her job because of 4 years ago this all started when my mom took off 4 months because my sister died in a car accident they told her it was too long to take and that it was inexcusable. Then this past year my mom was diagnosed with lupus (sp) its a diease where your go blind and she had to take a week off of work to have surgery done. Well Today they said they had enough and fired her. she was a bank manager and busted her ass for them people 12 hour days 6 days a week. I kinda think its ****ing bull shit they did this and them are the only two reasons they gave her for firing her. Sorry everbody im just kinda pissed off right now. i work 2 blocks from where she worked and we use to go to lunch all the time together. Looks like im yanking my bank accounts from that damn bank.

Sorry to hear about your mom I hope she is doing ok. As for the job a buisness has the right to fire people for just about any reason but I really think y'all might have a suit on your hands because of the situation they basically fired her because she has a medical condition. :nono: I hope everything works out for you and your family.

Not sure, but we use FMLA (family medical leave act) at work to cover ourselves during an illness that is extended. Look into it and speak to someone who knows the law, sounds like discrimination due to an illness. Hope everything works out, and she gets better.

The world can be so un-just!

Not sure, but we use FMLA (family medical leave act) at work to cover ourselves during an illness that is extended. Look into it and speak to someone who knows the law, sounds like discrimination due to an illness. Hope everything works out, and she gets better.

The world can be so un-just!

i was thinking the same thing. we use FMLA at my job too. you can't fire someone due to an illness. is it a local bank or a national bank?

aside from all that, hopefully all works out with your mom. other then knowing the name, I'm not all that familiar with Lupus. hopefully she gets better.

well the banks name is called FIRST COMMONWEALTH and they have tons of them across PA, all i know is im going to that same bank and taking all my money and moving it to a different bank, oh also a litle side not my mom worked for this bank when they where still deposit bank back in the 80's she has been with thi bank aince 79

well the banks name is called FIRST COMMONWEALTH and they have tons of them across PA, all i know is im going to that same bank and taking all my money and moving it to a different bank, oh also a litle side not my mom worked for this bank when they where still deposit bank back in the 80's she has been with thi bank aince 79

sorry to hear the news. My mom is going through a similair situation. She got fire for some BS reason after 18 years of service busting her @ss. Now they denied her unemployement so we're getting a lawyer. The reason they gave for letting her go was poor performance(bunch of BS). She works 60+ all the time and has worked double shifts before(16 hours straight) when they needed her to. They're just looking for reasons to let people go. They did the same to another guy she works with so he got a lawyer and got his unemployment. We're getting his lawyer Monday. After that I may consider more legal action. Some companies think they can get away with $hit like this. It's not right. Hope all works out for her :thumbs:

I walked into the bank today to close out all my parents accounts and mine. I wanted my $20,000 but they told me they would write me a check I told them i wanted it in cash. Then one of the big wheels over there that fired my mom came out and looked me right in the face i mean he got right in my face and walked away. I am trying to be civil about all of this and i just want to move to a different bank. The guy accually thought he intimidated me. I just kinda walked outa the bank and told thm ill be back with all the paper work they gave me tommorow and i will take a check.

I walked into the bank today to close out all my parents accounts and mine.  I wanted my $20,000 but they told me they would write me a check I told them i wanted it in cash.  Then one of the big wheels over there that fired my mom came out and looked me right in the face i mean he got right in my face and walked away.  I am trying to be civil about all of this and i just want to move to a different bank.  The guy accually thought he intimidated me. I just kinda walked outa the bank and told thm ill be back with all the paper work they gave me tommorow and i will take a check.

How can they tell you you can't have your money in cash? :icon_bs:

Are they so inept they can't cover 20K in cash?

I've went in and withdrew 15K in cash and my bank is in Podunk, AR.

I'd have told them I changed my mind, I need in all in quarters! :devil:

I walked into the bank today to close out all my parents accounts and mine.  I wanted my $20,000 but they told me they would write me a check I told them i wanted it in cash.  Then one of the big wheels over there that fired my mom came out and looked me right in the face i mean he got right in my face and walked away.  I am trying to be civil about all of this and i just want to move to a different bank.  The guy accually thought he intimidated me. I just kinda walked outa the bank and told thm ill be back with all the paper work they gave me tommorow and i will take a check.

You know I would have told him what I tell everyone that F's with me. You maybe able to kick my ass big man but if you dont shut the F up and get out of my face your gonna have to.

why did he just walk away? and why did u just walk out? dont get it...i would have demanded and waited..... :dunno:

I walked into the bank today to close out all my parents accounts and mine.  I wanted my $20,000 but they told me they would write me a check I told them i wanted it in cash.   Then one of the big wheels over there that fired my mom came out and looked me right in the face i mean he got right in my face and walked away.  I am trying to be civil about all of this and i just want to move to a different bank.   The guy accually thought he intimidated me. I just kinda walked outa the bank and told thm ill be back with all the paper work they gave me tommorow and i will take a check.

How can they tell you you can't have your money in cash? :icon_bs:

Are they so inept they can't cover 20K in cash?

I've went in and withdrew 15K in cash and my bank is in Podunk, AR.

I'd have told them I changed my mind, I need in all in quarters! :devil:

you live in AR?

Edited by Oo p0op oO (see edit history)