Off idle throttle responce?

marc_w

How does everyone's throttle responce off idle work?

Mine's got a tiny flat spot, then the truck jumps. It's very sensitive. I either putt away from stop lights, or I get the holeshot.

Also noticed last night - I was driving home from the girlfriends house. Truck wasn't quite up to temp. I was using VERY light throttle, cruising at about 35. The RPM's were fluctuating about 200rpm somewhere between 1200 and 1500 or so rpm. The truck was lurching a bit because of it.

I would have to agree that the worst part about these trucks is the stupid electronic throttle. I experience exactly the same issues. It's worst when you come to a stop sign or something and don't actually come to a complete stop. The engine management seems to need a brief moment of standstill for the throttle and tranny to come to grips with each other.

Regarding a rough spot while driving, never judge an engine until it is up to normal operating temp. There is way too much electronic crap going on for the ECM or PCM to get it all right until normal temps are reached.

Just my $0.02

I have similar issues. I would describe the throttle as "touchy" sometimes, especially at about 50mph. Any uneven road surface causes me to vary the throttle unintentionally, causing the truck to lurch a few times. Passengers have noticed it, and I embarrasingly appologize. I have the stop sign issue as well. Guess this is the downside of technology!

When my truck was stock, I noticed the same hesitation off idle, but only when the engine was cold.

I also agree with what Black03SS_NJ says, except it is only a problem for me when accelerating from a stop. It actually a bit worse with the supercharger. Seems like it is hard to get anything but a slow acceleration or a hard acceleration. Getting a moderate acceleration is difficult. I thought this was due to my getting used to a new vehicle. My old truck had bigger tires, and no gearing correction, so just flooring it always worked :D. With some practice, I have learned to use the throttle on my SS carefully and can make a comfortable acceleration with it now. But it is so touchy that sometimes I miss.

I like the accelerator touchy! You wouldn't like it if it was mushy. :shakehead:

Dave, with the Radix, I really enjoy the roll off a stop, then hammering it. :D Isn't that how you do it for every stop? Even my wife likes it, I think. Her response is "mmmmmmm."

When going over bumps and "lurching", that is all foot control. Try planting your heel more. Deal with that all the time in my bass boat, which has a "hot foot" accelerator and can be a pain in rough water.

How does everyone's throttle responce off idle work?

Mine's got a tiny flat spot, then the truck jumps. It's very sensitive. I either putt away from stop lights, or I get the holeshot.

Also noticed last night - I was driving home from the girlfriends house. Truck wasn't quite up to temp. I was using VERY light throttle, cruising at about 35. The RPM's were fluctuating about 200rpm somewhere between 1200 and 1500 or so rpm. The truck was lurching a bit because of it.

Well the off idle dead spot is part of Tq management. Timing is dropped way back at tip-in.

:withstupid: I also dislike the touchy gas pedal.

I haven’t had much of a problem with the throttle response. Coming from a ’00 Silverado I am use to it I guess, the part that took some time was the squishy/mushy brake pedal feel. But once a pulled a 6000lb trailer behind me and roasted the brakes a few times stopping, the mushiness has gone away for the most part now, don’t know why it just did…

Archived