Gotta new noise in the truck today

Went to pic up my little brother today and when I pulled in the parking lot and came to stop (normal stopping) I heard a grunting noise almost like the brakes were metal to metal :confused: even my brother heard it when he was standing there. The brakes looked fine last oil change and tire rotation. When I got back to my shop I put it on the lift and did a quick visual inspection but everything look fine :dunno: I was to busy to at work to take the wheels off. quess I'll take a better look tomorrow, it's just :banghead:

Just venting :mad:

Went to pic up my little brother today and when I pulled in the parking lot and came to stop (normal stopping) I heard a grunting noise almost like the brakes were metal to metal :confused:  even my brother heard it when he was standing there. The brakes looked fine last oil change and tire rotation. When I got back to my shop I put it on the lift and did a quick visual inspection but everything look fine :dunno:  I was to busy to at work to take the wheels off. quess I'll take a better look tomorrow, it's just  :banghead:

Probably got a little Bluegrass in it while in Ky. lol

I had a similar noise in my IROC this year. I hadn't driven it in 2 years . I went around a corner and heard a horrible grinding noise from the right rear. I stopped looked in at the brakes and could see nothing abnormal. Then on my way home the noise stopped. Must have been a rock between the pad and the rotor.

Went to pic up my little brother today and when I pulled in the parking lot and came to stop (normal stopping) I heard a grunting noise almost like the brakes were metal to metal :confused:  even my brother heard it when he was standing there. The brakes looked fine last oil change and tire rotation. When I got back to my shop I put it on the lift and did a quick visual inspection but everything look fine :dunno:  I was to busy to at work to take the wheels off. quess I'll take a better look tomorrow, it's just  :banghead:

Probably got a little Bluegrass in it while in Ky. lol

:D checked none there :jester:

If you haven't used the truck in one day or two then it could have been some rust on the brake rotor?

I drive it everyday

my brakes grunt while braking in reverse and then moving forward after being in reverse. just have to upgrade later.

Alan

I sounded like metal to metal.

One thing I can think of is the parking brake shoes. If the brake pads look ok then I'd say it's the parking brake shoes.

Dave

It only did it on light braking, not with the parking brake. I put it on the lift (its nice to have a shop :jester: ) everything looked fine. It went away now, I think it was just some dirt. They are 4laning the hwy in front of my shop right now and there is alot of loose dirt, I get to do some 4wheeling :D getting into my shop.