14.9 Bone Stock

ginnie ss

Wanted to see what the truck could do STOCK... The weather was clear, and the local drag strip (Thompson, OH) was having a test-n-tune day. We have a Flowmaster BUT my son told me it was the wrong one. He wants us to run two 40 Series instead of the one made for the truck. We were a little worried on the way out there but it turned out pretty good. We ended up getting there late so we ran right off the street and went 15.1 @ 87.6 with a 2.159 60'. At the line the truck was brought up against the converter in OD with tow-haul on. We let it cool for about 30 min and ran again. This time we left the line normal and went 14.987 @88.64 with a 2.18 60'. Despite the second run being faster, I think the truck liked brake-torquing off the line because of the better 60' on the first run. We think the second run was better b/c it had a chance to cool down (higher mile per hour - more power). Wish we could have got there earlier.

Here is the slip... give me a day to put the movie up... :pop:

1499_Slip.jpg

Well I guess the next step is to find a way to put this on

T-66.jpg

My son seems to have good luck with them on the Honda's :fume:

Good run Ginnie. You can be "one of the guys" if you want to, but you husband might not like that turn of events :wtf::jester: .

So that was with the spinners on? Can't imagine those would be ideal for drag racing :D I bet they were spinning pretty good by the end of the track :crazy: .

Archived