Who all drives their SSS in the snow?

NashSS

:tear::tear: That is just so wrong!! Dude you need help! :eek:

Hell yes I drive my truck in the snow.  I even take it mudding.  Its a pickup truck its suppose to get dirty.

mudding01.jpg

mudding02.jpg

mudding03.jpg

mudding04.jpg

mudding05.jpg

mudding06.jpg

mudding07.jpg

mudding08.jpg

:puke:

This makes me sad.......

I mean, I use mine as a daily driver and will drive it in the snow when the chance arises.......but damn......that's just rough right there.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Ames, Iowa. I have to drive in the snow. Its a pain trying to keep the thing clean lately.

And I'll vouch for cojam when he says people in Seattle can't drive. I lived there up until about a month and a half ago and it was ridiculous. I-5 would have drove me to the nuthouse if I would have stayed.

Cojam- are you from tacoma or seattle because i saw a silver birch SS in tacoma one day w/ a bunch of tree branches in the back about 4 months ago driving down tyler/stevens. Probably wasn't you as i'm sure there is more than one in the area but it would be crazy if it was.

Edited by aaronjv (see edit history)

[

If you live in an area that gets snow and you bought a 2wd SSS with no other vehicle to drive during the winter you're effin' :crazy:

guess I am :crazy::crazy: then lol

On a lighter note the traction control works pretty well in the bad weather

Btw i got rid of the Z71 for SS and in the 5 years and 2 4x4 i had if used the 4x4 5 times i would surprised

• 4 weeks later...

Still don't have the SSS back. Its been in the shop five weeks. This the dealers body shop too! After I waited three weeks for new doors and two front wheels and tires...the retards never thought to see what was wrong with the front end...so they decide to do that after I remind them it needs to be done and just like I told them five weeks ago I need a new steering box...

Needless to say I am pissed I tired of driving my old jeep!!

Just had about 1.5 inches of ice mixed with light snow here in NY. The combination of the locking diff., traction control, and the ShurTrax bed weight I bought, my SS was absolutely awesome. Any small traction issues were handled by the TC flawlessly. The 400lbs in the bed helped a lot too. My SS is by far the best vehicle I have ever driven in sh*tty winter weather. :chevy:

Unfortunatly I do drive my SSS in the snow but I keep it very clean and luckily we've only had one snow fall this year. I've seen other SSS in the snow around here just wondering if there is anyone on here that drives in it. Plus its just so much fun. :driving:

I just put a set of Pirelli Scorpions on the SSS, they made a huge difference in the snow and ice. The oe Goodyear's were like ice skates.

Winters suck. I am sick and tired of snow.

T

We've only had 1 snow here and i'm itching for another because I want to have some more fun. People were giving me wierd looks the whole time. It was actually funny to see people struggling to get around when I just take off like normal. :D or maybe with some xtra throttle. I just liked driving around town and getting on it around a turn or something to get it sideways.

:withstupid: I've had so much fun in mine this winter. There's a parking lot up the road that is perfect for dounuts and sliding around. Wanted to get video, but can't find anyone to come out and hold the camera :banghead:

Has anyone with a 2wd SS had any problems with traction in the snow????

We got about a foot a month ago then it froze and was around for a week (ice). No weight no problems, I just left the traction control on and took it easy on the throttle! Although it took me about 3 times backing up the driveway sideways to finally get it in the garage. :thumbs: