Out of injector!!!!

XSS

O.k, I am pegged on my 42#rs that come with the Radix according to a scan (99%IDC) I need to know what are the easiest injectors to tune for that are over the 42# rating. I know I have to cut and splice because ther are no plug and play avaialble. :banghead: Any suggestions? Some said the ford SVO injectors were not too difficult to tune for but I am looking for the easiest ones as my tuner is not the most experienced. HELP!!!

i dont know if i would trust someone that doesent really have any experience . the mottotron 60lbers work great thus far. im trying to figure out whats the next best choice after those? becaus eim almost maxing mine out now.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

Thanks guys. Are the SVOs difficult? I am thinking of buying software and trying this myself. Would I just have to change the flow rate table and be done with it for those?

svo'r are also a good injector bu tthey are rated at about 50 lbs at 58 psi so its not a big step up but it it is biiger. they are a little more reasonably priced then the 60's . if i had a choice i woul dhave went with the 60;s to begine with.

I will be doing the SVO's soon and let ya know. I caved in and said I am satisified with how my truck is running now so the little extra headroom the SVO's will provide will be enough for me. I am running 100% IDC with meth using the 42#ers but I also have the 03 return style fueling which gives a boost to the injectors as it is. I scale my flow rate of my injectors in my tune because of this (others may not agree) as I see higher flow rates as the FP increases (63-64#s max). Some may just list 50#s and pull fuel in the adders and such but this is how I do it and it works for me. :cheers:

• 2 months later...
I will be doing the SVO's soon and let ya know. I caved in and said I am satisified with how my truck is running now so the little extra headroom the SVO's will provide will be enough for me. I am running 100% IDC with meth using the 42#ers but I also have the 03 return style fueling which gives a boost to the injectors as it is. I scale my flow rate of my injectors in my tune because of this (others may not agree) as I see higher flow rates as the FP increases (63-64#s max). Some may just list 50#s and pull fuel in the adders and such but this is how I do it and it works for me. :cheers:

Did you run that 11 sec pass on the stock injectors?

Get an after-market fuel regulator, set the pressure to 80 psi, then get it tuned again.

and see how low your cycles drop.

why is it that everybody that pick up a turbo or supercharger does not pick

Up the fuel regulator along with it.

Because we have a returnless fuel system and there is no regulator for us to use. Only the pre 04 trucks can do that. The only way around that is to do what chase is doing and create a return type fuel system, then can a fuel regualtor be used and fuel pressure can be steped up.

Get an after-market fuel regulator, set the pressure to 80 psi, then get it tuned again.

That will work fine up to about 72.5psi of rail pressure. The 8.1L Marine injectors operating range is only up to 5 bar pressure, where 80psi would be 5.5 bar. http://www.racetronix.com/Manuals/Injectors/multec2_inj.pdf

Even still, those injectors are 43.82# at 58psi. At 80psi (if possible), would only flow 51.46#/hr.

Mototron 60s (63.2# at 43.5psi) are great... at GM pressure they flow a whopping 72.3#/hr. :D

Easy to tune for as well, just adjust the Injector pulse width voltage adjustment table and the minimum pulse width tables and you should be just fine.

Edited by .justin. (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
That will work fine up to about 72.5psi of rail pressure. The 8.1L Marine injectors operating range is only up to 5 bar pressure, where 80psi would be 5.5 bar. http://www.racetronix.com/Manuals/Injectors/multec2_inj.pdf

Even still, those injectors are 43.82# at 58psi. At 80psi (if possible), would only flow 51.46#/hr.

Mototron 60s (63.2# at 43.5psi) are great... at GM pressure they flow a whopping 79.3#/hr. :D

Easy to tune for as well, just adjust the Injector pulse width voltage adjustment table and the minimum pulse width tables and you should be just fine.

When yourself and waitforme say just change minimum inj pulse, ect ect ect just curious if you have a formula for this yet (return systems)? Considering the mototrons specs,

gain=.110ms/mg

offset=.055ms

turn on time= 1.14ms at 14volts

turn off time= .85ms @ 600KPa

Like if one of your customers comes to you with a radix SS and wants you to mail order a 60# tune. WTF changes specifically are you doing and why? :) just asking...you know me, curious.

Edited by dewmanshu (see edit history)

The fuel pressure regulator on an 04' and up is in the tank. It won't do any good to do that. Besides, an FMU is only a band-aid, not a proper fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump!

So if I get the motron 60's all I need to do is take my injector table and put the values across it? I have HPT and want to do this myself. If my tune is dialed in, than I shouldn't have to touch anything else right?...except for the idle tuning.

I do know my IFR table is scaled right now for the 42#'s. I am not sure why. should I do this with the 60's? My current table is 42# up to about 4000rpm and then a higher value for the remaing cells. I guess it is because it is an 03 return style and I will see more FP at the higher RPMs?

Justin, any more info would be great!!! :sigh: