Trans Tune

bsteff

How firm can you get a stock transmission to shift with tuning changes. I plan on a shift kit in the future but have been playing with the transmission settings with EFI Live over the last few days. I notice a slightly firmer shift at part throttle, but nothing real noticeable at WOT.

I have cut torque management on upshfits by 75%, deleted all other TM, reduced shift times to 0.2s, and bumped up line pressure 20psi across the board without going higher than 90 psi.

How firm can you get a stock transmission to shift with tuning changes.  I plan on a shift kit in the future but have been playing with the transmission settings with EFI Live over the last few days.  I notice a slightly firmer shift at part throttle, but nothing real noticeable at WOT.

I have cut torque management on upshfits by 75%, deleted all other TM, reduced shift times to 0.2s, and bumped up line pressure 20psi across the board without going higher than 90 psi.

Move the line pressure tables back to stock, then go to the force motor current table and take out -9% from that whole table. Then go for a drive.

I was under the impression that going higher than 90psi with the force motor was bad for it. Not sure I want to go that route. I thought decreasing shift time and taking out torque management would have a greater effect. My tune has no change to line pressure for the WOT shifts.

Edited by bsteff (see edit history)

I was under the impression that going higher than 90psi with the force motor was bad for it. Not sure I want to go that route. I thought decreasing shift time and taking out torque management would have a greater effect. My tune has no change to line pressure for the WOT shifts.

If the name wait4me reflects who that really is I would listen because they tune pcm's and know what they are talking about and wouldnt suggest you to do anything that would be harmful.My .02

ive always liked what you have to say frank but i dont see what difference it makes that wait4me is a non supporting member?

Mainly because me and zippy have fixed tunes this guy has done before.. and he disapeared when zippy made his presence known here on the forum.

But lately.. since zippy is gone he has been showing up a whole lot more and giving advice.. advice is free. But when He PM's someone and sells them a tune it takes away from guys who pay money to support this forum and sell products.

If he wants to sell tunes I am all for it the more the merrier... but when I go to other forums and offer knowledge about forced induction I get jumped on for not being a supporting vendor... If you go to PT.net or ls1tech you will see that I have no links in my sig and no advertisement whatsoever for RRW.. why? Beucase those guys jumped down my throat when I tried helping blower guys out.

If wait4me wants to help great.. but you have to understand just like I do.. when you help someone on here and give them advice for every 1 guy that reads that thread.. he says hey.. this guy knows how to tune.. maybe I will pay him to do my flash.. its simple buisness. I have no problem with it cause I would do it too.

The problem I have is that since Zippy has disapeared from this forum.. he feels no threat and comes back. Since our mods and admins don't police this place the way PT.net is done I figure that I might as well speak up since no one else will.

There is a reason that alot of guys don't come to the forum anymore.. and if I were making a list of why.. this would be on it.

I have to disagree. By simply offering advice he is in no way directly advertising. Simply because he is known by many as a tuner does not mean he is here trolling for more tunes.

Regardless of whether or not you (or I or anybody else for that matter) have "fixed" tunes of his, being a fellow "tuner", I would expect that you would show a little bit more respect than to imply that his work is sub-par. I've seen MUCH worse from other "pro" tuners, and I'm sure that given the opportunity, any one of us could find fault with any other tuner's work.

Now, if Jesse was obviously searching for customers or otherwise breaking the rules, then by all means, reprimanding is deserved. But as it stands, Jesse just appears to be trying to help out someone that is trying to get started with tuning his own truck.

Edited by .justin. (see edit history)

I have to disagree. By simply offering advice he is in no way directly advertising. Simply because he is known by many as a tuner does not mean he is here trolling for more tunes.

Regardless of whether or not you (or I or anybody else for that matter) have "fixed" tunes of his, being a fellow "tuner", I would expect that you would show a little bit more respect than to imply that his work is sub-par. I've seen MUCH worse from other "pro" tuners, and I'm sure that given the opportunity, any one of us could find fault with any other tuner's work.

Now, if Jesse was obviously searching for customers or otherwise breaking the rules, then by all means, reprimanding is deserved. But as it stands, Jesse just appears to be trying to help out someone that is trying to get started with tuning his own truck.

Here is the deal Justin.. I am not bashing his work. If it comes to a bashing session we can take that elsewhere the open forum is no place for it. Someone asked. I responded. Now you have to understand something when it comes to respect. When I go to PT.net I do not go over and private message other members of the forum and try and sell them a procharger at a deal lower than someone else.. I do not slander other members of the forum and I certainly don't go over there and advertise out of respect. For other tuners like Nelson. I know Jesse from the S10 crowd and his work with them. Long before I had a silverado I was one of the first people with ls1 edit and LT1 edit screwing with PCM's

So before you go jumping on the fire.. you need to know the facts about whats going on. Mods and Admins allready have gotten a heads up. It's one thing if you are honestly helping someone out on the forum but when you come to our forum.. you usually go around the forum for all it's aspects.. not just hang out in the PCM tuning area and pick and choose what threads you reply on. If you look I don't just go to forced induction I don't just go to off topic I hit every part of this forum thats what being an active member means. If you have a tip about getting bugs off your wind sheild you want to share then great! get it up there. And if you want to reply to someone's joke of the day have at it.. But from an outsiders standpoint when you see someone that just trolls one part of this forum.. he is here for a reason. And like I said its a little curious that when Zippy dropped off all of a sudden he showed up again. The truth is.. Tuners Don't usually get along. Just like any mechanic or any other craftsman..it's very easy to discredit another man's work when he is not there or if he did in fact do a crap job.

The facts are there were a whole lot of happy customers here that zippy did some great tuning work for. There were alot of guys that had hands on work done by zippy with their trans' that were really happy. That scared away the guys that came by and wanted to just sell tunes.

So its not about respect. It's about principal. I all ready have one guy in the last 5 hours PM me and say he has a tune done by wait4me that he was solicited from other means.. though this forum. Now... I pay a fixed amount per month to sponsor this forum as a vendor. Just as Tbryne does Just as all the other lovely banners you will see on the site. We don't just pay to advertitse it also gives us and you as the consumer a comfortable connection with your vendor. IF the administration of SilveradoSS.com approves of a vendor they let them come up and be a supporting party.

But if you want to just back door it and make money, then you certainly will never have my respect.

If he is your boy Justin then I understand if hes been helping you tune then thats fine. But the last thing I want to see is this site fall apart because it looses its sponsors. I own and operate another forum with a good friend of mine and what keeps us afloat is the sponsors. If not we would be paying out of pocket.

Lets not forget something here.. the supporting members help the cause.. but without supporting vendors Mr. Merva would be paying for this site out of his own pocket every month.

If you want to further discuss this bring it to private messages or start another thread in the off topic.

If he is your boy Justin then I understand if hes been helping you tune then thats fine. But the last thing I want to see is this site fall apart because it looses its sponsors. I own and operate another forum with a good friend of mine and what keeps us afloat is the sponsors. If not we would be paying out of pocket.

For the record, Jesse is in no way my "boy". I just presented my unbiased observation to the discussion being presented in this thread.

Given that I'm certain that he is a busy guy, I don't see a problem with him just hanging out in the PCM tuning forums. I myself do just that on PT.net. Not because I'm there trying to solicit tunes, but because out of the limited time in the day I have to spend browsing forums, that is the only area of that forum that I can regularly contribute worthwhile information to. I have no problem in seeing Jesse's involvement in this forum in much the same way.

I myself am in the process of becoming a supported vendor for another forum, so I understand and know what it means to be in your shoes here. If this were a case of someone blatantly stealing business away from you, then by all means that should stop immediately, which also means cracking down on members that post contact information to non-supporting members (I've seen two such instances in the last 5 posts I viewed).

Best of luck to you Frank and hopefully no hard feelings. You offer a number of great products at great prices and I would appreciate the opportunity to do business with you at some point in the future.

Justin

Edited by .justin. (see edit history)

I feel like I started this..sorry guys if I did. I just recognized the name as a tuner I have seen mentioned many times who dod not do my tune I might add and saw bsteff kinda acting unsure like wait4me did not know what they are talking about and I just figured since I have heard of his tunes before I would think he would not suggest anything that would cause harm to the motor. Once again I am sorry if it was my comment that got you going. I didnt realize they were not a supporting vender I was just used to seeing the name pop up enough I didnt think about it.