Trans Tune

bsteff

frank, after reading your thread regarding supporting members i completely understand your point. i do see the value of supporting vendors and as far as buying tunes/parts/etc for my truck i always look there first. honestly like most people it normally boils down to cost of a product as to who any actually buy there stuff from but i have always valued what yourself and zippy and some other very knowledgeble people have brought to this forum. i apologize if i may have put you on the spot with my post.

jeremy

No worries guys.. I am good I know I can come off abrasive a bit but sometimes when the mods are sleepin I gotta shout haha :banghead:

no one is sleeping Frank, i'm here every single day and read 99.9% of every single post. I take offense to that comment because i take my job here very seriously.

also, for the record, i've already confrotted Jesse about this and have been watching his posts and have not seen him try to "sell" his tunes to anyone and if he did i would make sure that i took the necessary actions. as far as i'm concerned he has done nothing wrong.

Also for the record, I know both Frank and zippy both on a personal level and are both stand up guys and i highly recommend all members to contact them for any of there performance needs and always will.

Your attention is appreciated Holty.

Sorry for the chop it wasn't meant to cut at you I know you can't be here all the time and you do do good work so hats off.

As for the actions taken.. The tunes mentioned I have PM's from members stating where they came from.

I allready contacted Mervz on it he just has been busy to address it.

. If this were a case of someone blatantly stealing business away from you, then by all means that should stop immediately, which also means cracking down on members that post contact information to non-supporting members (I've seen two such instances in the last 5 posts I viewed).

Best of luck to you Frank and hopefully no hard feelings. You offer a number of great products at great prices and I would appreciate the opportunity to do business with you at some point in the future.

Justin

Justin, i see your point here and here is my take on it. To my knowledge, there are no forum rules or guidelines on this matter. Until Mervz gives me (us mods) a guideline to follow on the posting of info to non site sponsors i have no choice but to assume it is allowed. Obviously no non site sponser advertisements are allowed, but simple contact info shared by members not affiliated with that vendor is a grey area and i have not been told it CAN"T be posted. If i'm wrong than another mod or site admin can correct me on this.

Hi Guys, I have no idea what the heck this stuff got started from. I HAVE NEVER STATED THAT I AM A TUNER ON THIS FORUM nor started

ANY Pm conversation asking someone if they would like to buy something from me..

ALL i did was go thru this section and answer EVERY post that NOONE else answered for people. I have NO intention of taking your business from you. As for pms? I have not been soliciting crap thru here from any posts. So im not sure where the heck you heard that from?

The reason i dont hang around set forums is lack of time, NOT because 2 other companies show up. That is the funniest thing i have ever heard...

The Reason why i Declined being a sponser on this site is due to lack of time. I tune 40+ vehicles a day, and Fly out to Companies to teach them how to tune on the weekends.. I Really Dont have time to take on any more load. I Clearly stated that in my pm to the Mod that kindly asked if i was interested. At that time, I replied That i was ONLY ON HERE TO HELP OUT PEOPLE WITH TUNING QUESTIONS.

Any time i get a minute of free time, I just go around helping people. I like to do that. Forgive me if that is not a good thing to do...

As for the Force motor current table. IF you dont think that is the correct way to do it then obvously you dont understand how the PCM interpets and sets itself up for final commanded line pressure. If you would like to know, Call my shop and i will walk thru how it actually works. It is much different then people seem to think.

The setting of "90" for example, That is actually just going to a certain pinpoint of the force motor current table. Then The transmission temp determines the other point. The result of those 2 points is the final commanded Amperage of the force motor soloniod. THE LOWER THE NUMBER ON THAT TABLE THE MORE LINE PRESSURE IT MAKES>

Torque management pulls TIMING NOT LINE PRESSURE. So pulling tm does not make it shift firmer.

• 1 month later...
As for the Force motor current table. IF you dont think that is the correct way to do it then obvously you dont understand how the PCM interpets and sets itself up for final commanded line pressure. If you would like to know, Call my shop and i will walk thru how it actually works. It is much different then people seem to think.

The setting of "90" for example, That is actually just going to a certain pinpoint of the force motor current table. Then The transmission temp determines the other point. The result of those 2 points is the final commanded Amperage of the force motor soloniod. THE LOWER THE NUMBER ON THAT TABLE THE MORE LINE PRESSURE IT MAKES>

Good info on the force motor current. I'll have to try that way of doing it... makes sense. :thumbs:

Good info on the force motor current. I'll have to try that way of doing it... makes sense. :thumbs:
:nono: I have been told by two professional transmission builders that altering the force motor values is a false sense of security; after the throttle is over 60% the force motor is out of the picture. Changing the force motor values will only affect shift quality at part-throttle, WOT shift behavior will be the same as before the changes to the force motor table. So I'm twice told...

Mr. P.

:nono: I have been told by two professional transmission builders that altering the force motor values is a false sense of security; after the throttle is over 60% the force motor is out of the picture. Changing the force motor values will only affect shift quality at part-throttle, WOT shift behavior will be the same as before the changes to the force motor table. So I'm twice told...

Mr. P.

Interesting... perhaps some hybrid work is needed to combine the two methods... :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
Just FYI, I returned my pressures to stock and took out 9% and noticed no change what so ever. Took out another 5% and finally noticed a little bit... but only at part throttle. I'm going back to my other tune. Didn't work for me. :dunno:
So the information Mister P posted is correct?