Belanger Header Group purchase

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try and answer two questions here at once.. At this time they do not make a y pipe or cats simply because.. they can't be 50 state legal if you modifiy your exsisting cats.. so in order to remain 50 state legal they still use your stock cat pipe.

You can fab your own or have one done at a reasonable price its a straight forward setup nice flanges and really nice clean design.

And as for Kevin the new guy. Group purchase prices typically can not be posted. Reason being the reason things are done this way is to keep under MSRP. 99% of suppliers if you advertise under MSRP you loose their product line its just policy. It also keeps the retail buisness fair for everyone.

I should have pricing and estimated build time and dates very early this coming week monday or tuesdsay I will respond to PM's and give everyone the low down at that point sound good?

i know this is a very stupid... yet obvious question i have to ask...

on this GP... would they just be for SS's (specific year) or could anyone jump in... Say nab a set for an 05' Sierra... :P

They should fit no problemo on your sierra

OK Guys Prices are in and very happy with the outcome.

Drop me a PM those who have sent them I am replying now!

send me a pm to get on your list for the gp, also i believe these are 1 3/4 primaries, but what size are the collectors, looks like your website may be down, not sure on how to get in contact.

thanks, Pufferss

They also brag and this is legit.. they are the only headers not to set a check engine light when installed in the advised fashion.. this is true.

What code are other brand headers supposedly throwing?

Edited by vdrumright (see edit history)

Pacesetter without tuning.

Its not supposedly, I can show you logs from 2 trucks locally.

Have been found to throw codes for for cat efficency and performance.

You can and it has been done.. put on a set of Belangers and not throw a code.

If you put on pacesetters retain your stock cats and head pipes and or any other long tube header you may throw a reduced power mode and or po140 for 02 sensor performance. Po161 also perfomance.

It's not total bullspit I have seen it twice in the last month. Local guys doing pacesetters and merging them to their stock exhaust without a tune.

Not trying to hijack your thread Frank but isn't tuning necessary when adding headers. If you don't retune what's the point of adding a more free flowing exhaust. I was under the assumption, based on what I have read on here that they go hand in hand.

QUOTE(zippy @ Mar 24 2006, 01:47 PM)

keep in mind that to get alot of gain out of your headers you are going to want some programming work done.

Edited by vdrumright (see edit history)

Not trying to hijack your thread Frank but isn't tuning necessary when adding headers. If you don't retune what's the point of adding a more free flowing exhaust. I was under the assumption, based on what I have read on here that they go hand in hand.

QUOTE(zippy @ Mar 24 2006, 01:47 PM)

keep in mind that to get alot of gain out of your headers you are going to want some programming work done.

But.. you guys are contesting what belanger advertises. You have to understand something outside the forum there is a whole world of people who know nothing about PCM tuning whatsoever. There are still people out there that don't know that you can tune a computer to help the trucks with performance. I can't even tell you begin to tell you how many people I have crossed paths with that have no clue. Alot of companies choose the way they advertise wisely. Think about this for a second.. some guy who knows nothing about tuning wants a set of long tubes for the power and sound. Well.... pacesetter sounds great what if you buy a set of headers and throw em on and bingo reduced power mode and cat eff codes. WTF did I do? well.. if you buy a set of Belangers.. and do not tune your truck you will still be able to run your truck without the fear of reduced power or eff. codes.

That is the selling point.

Tuning is necessary to someone who knows what it is. John q. hotrodder might not have a clue what PCM tuning is. And there is still a very large majority of people out there who fear pcm tuning.

There is a whole thread on headers I am hoping the mods actually take this information over there..