Feeling lonely and old

Luaderdale SS

Well here I am sitting at home bored, lonely and feeling old. I am 33 and was in a relationship for 8 years, thought I be in it forever, but she left to live in KY with her family. That was 3 years ago, now I am stuck in a rut. I haven’t been out to bars/clubs/dating scene in general in 10+ years, I feel married and settled down, but I'm alone. Live in a 3/2 house by myself and its weird not having anyone around. I had two dogs, but she has them now which is kind of better. She wanted to split them up and each take one but that would have sucked for the dogs they would miss each other. So, what am I saying? I don't know, just rambling on about being lonely and old and feeling opportunity has passed me by to have a family. Just wish things went better for me in the relationship department.

Don’t mean to drag you guys down on a Saturday night, hope you all are having fun

signed

The Lone SSer :shakehead:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah! Only 33?! You're FAR from having "Opportunity pass you by"! You sound like you're just lonely and "blah" like I was when my ex of 5 years moved out. I just started hanging out at bars, found one I really like and I'm a regular there now. If I'm ever feeling kinda down, I head down to the bar, I know 80% of the people that go there (also friends with the owner and all the staff), grab a beer and shoot some pool, play some music, play some "Buck Hunter" (that game rocks so hardcore!), and talk to random people....always gets me back up into better spirits! And even though a bar isn't the best place to meet women, you still meet a good share of people that you might end up becoming good friends with, or possibly more. Anyway, keep that chin up bud, it'll all pass soon enough. :cheers:

One word... match.com :cheers:

:withstupid: ... don't forget MySpace!

My GF and I met through MySpace 16 months ago ... it's been pretty good so far, best thing is that it didn't cost me a nickel! (Of course that all changed when she and I started dating ... but that's another story)

Don't forget ... you have a badass SS! That right there is a huge chick magnet!

dude, chill. Be glad to spend your money on your truck instead of on a bar tab...or wasting your time at the club...you are so much better off that the guys who have the same problem but think they will find their mate at the meat market...start looking at different places...when you have your act together women will mark you with sometype of scent that attracts women:)

I would say how once you get married you will long for a night by your self...so you can go hang on the SS site (as my wife says)

dude, chill. Be glad to spend your money on your truck instead of on a bar tab...or wasting your time at the club...you are so much better off that the guys who have the same problem but think they will find their mate at the meat market...start looking at different places...when you have your act together women will mark you with sometype of scent that attracts women:)

I would say how once you get married you will long for a night by your self...so you can go hang on the SS site (as my wife says)

:withstupid: It's funny you say that ... about longing for a night alone.

This last weekend has been the first real weekend I've had to myself in MONTHS. Although I got stuck working on my taxes :banghead:, I still enjoyed the time I had to myself. And I'm NOT EVEN MARRIED!

How sad is that? :sigh:

Hey i understand man, my girlfriend of 6 months ditched me for the third time in 2 weeks. We had planned on going to a formal engagement last night for the last 2 months, but she called me at 5pm to say she was on the way to Manhattan with her girlfriends instead. Screw her, she is on her own now, we are done. Keep your spirits up man, i know i will, someone better will come along....................... :cheers:

Check this out! :eek:

hornymatches.com

I am married but god! Some of those "fish" are :crazy:

Maybe so but I bet a prostitute is probably cheaper and a sure thing. :jester: Be patient and go out and show your self off. You will never meet anybody unless you put yourself out there. When you do do not come across a woe is me kinda person. There is someone out there for everyone and I will be wishing you happy hunting.

Listen, I'm no holy roller but try church. A lot of the women I know have gone to church after a bad relationship. At least your looking at them through clear eyes, not through the bottom of a bud light bottle (the girls all get prettier at closing time). As far as your being old, "baloney". When I was 33 I had a wife and two baby girls and my company was struggling to the point my dad had to pay my utilities bills a couple of months (no time for toys like SSS's). When you get in the dumps, think of someone who really has a problem and you'll realize you can "do" something about your problems.

Keep your head up and go wash your truck.

Thanks everyone, It a beautiful sunday and I am feeling much better. I was just down in the dumps lastnight. :cheers:

Glad things are looking up. I know what you meen by feeling in the dumps. You just got to think that the next day will be better, and it usually is. If ya ever need to talk shoot me a PM.