SSS vs. Dodge Rumble Bee

Prestoar

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SS WHO?

sorry guys but in stock form the ss is no big deal, now throw on some mods and it is a very very very worthy apponant

Dude you come on a SS forum and start mouthing off and your gonna piss people off.

Dude you come on a SS forum and start mouthing off and your gonna piss people off.

Really I have been on here for a while and I know alot of ss owners and they say the same thing. I am not mouthing off or putting down youre rides. because I know people who buy performance trucks usally dont leave them stock.

thats why I said with a few mods youre trucks can hang with just about any thing, I just wish chevy would have had put a little more into it in stock form

Stick:

ok so what do mean add more. it's got the same HP as a hemi and touch more torque. It's got AWD(never offered by dodge for the trucks) or 2 wheel drive, and 4.10 gears. It's also got a 3" lower performance suspension. The X-cab SS stays with or beats the reg cab 2 wheel drive hemi...so tell me where they should add more?

By the way what do you drive, what is your ET, what are your mods and where do you live so one of the SS's can line up with you.

Don't think I'm coming at you...yet, just trying to see what your background is so i know who i'm dealing with.

Brad

Come race a couple of mine.....

:crackup:

ok crazy mopar guy...I'll bite

I've got a 76 nova that runs 11.4...how far off am I :driving:

all in fun

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

I drive a ram srt 10 with CAI, PCM tune by dc performance , deleated cats, caltrac traction bars, and some minor weight reduction . I just ran a 8.23 at the local 1/8 mile on stock rubber, hoping to get a 8.1 when my DR ar on

I was meaning that for a performance truck that chevy should have made it capable of running with a L or srt 10 in stock form.. a hemi truck is not built for performance. Although chevy did a good thing with the AWD.

like I said I am not putting down youre rides

, what are your mods and where do you live so one of the SS's can line up with you.

I live in Panama city fl and will be at holt "1/8 mile" friday night. I welcome all races because its all about fun for me,,,, I dont care if I win or loose.

I drive a ram srt 10 with CAI, PCM tune by dc performance , deleated cats, caltrac traction bars, and some minor weight reduction . I just ran a 8.23 at the local 1/8 mile on stock rubber, hoping to get a 8.1 when my DR ar on

I was meaning that for a performance truck that chevy should have made it capable of running with a L or srt 10 in stock form.. a hemi truck is not built for performance. Although chevy did a good thing with the AWD.

like I said I am not putting down youre rides

ok so now what you said makes a lot more sense. No the SS is not built to run with the L or SRT, it was however built to be a loaded sport truck that can also tow your car trailer, take you hunting, tow your boat, or be a reasonable winter driver. Although the performance is not that of the L or SRT it has it's own perks that those 2 really are not meant for. :cheers:

:thumbs:

By the way any idea what your times would be in the quarter?

Brad

from what I can figure I think I would be in the mid 12s give or take prep. I wish we had a 1/4 mile track close . my DR will be here soon so my time and MPH should go up since I will be getting them 22s off there.... Dodge really did not think when they put them heavy ass 22s on there.

ok crazy mopar guy...I'll bite

I've got a 76 nova that runs 11.4...how far off am I :driving:

all in fun

Brad

You should be a little over a second off the one in my garage on the engine.

My 340 Cuda was around the same times, but I just sold it to buy my transmission! :lol:

What's in your Nova? PICS dangit! :D

My buddy is building a 1969 Nova, he's got a little more weight than me but more power. His engine in a heavier car has gone deep in the 9s. He's hoping to get down into the 8s as far as possible... We bug each other all the time, we hang out every day too! haha Here's a "construction" pic- his car is now running, it's just undergoing painting in stages...

Jimmah1.jpg

I actually think the stock wheels were spot on,...along with the truck itself. (don't kill me guys! :uhoh: )

:lol:

I think the same way- I absolutely would LOVE an SRT10 QuadCab for a family vehicle, but it's too much $$$$ for this guy. :(

(They can all kill ME, I'm the red headed stepchild here anyways ;) )

:lol:

Here's my Cuda that I just sold, it wasn't a show stopper, more of a winter pounder. It looked good from across the street though....

;)

It was a mid 11 car......

Skanky_Cuda.jpg

I think the same way- I absolutely would LOVE an SRT10 QuadCab for a family vehicle, but it's too much $$$$ for this guy.

Just wait a couple years and they will practicly give you one if they keep depriciating at the rate they are now!