SSS vs. Dodge Rumble Bee

Prestoar

It's not misinformed info... I have witnessed it my self at capitol raceway.

maybe everyone I saw was 4wd.... But..none the less... a 5.3 reg cab GM pick up can polish them off. If mods are equal the ls engine will win just about every damn time! You should know better then this.

Hell the 4l60's are not good in the SS..But I would rather have that then the dodge OD trans.

The LS series engines and the new generation "hemis" are very very similar. :pop:

It's all about power to weight ratio, a 2wd rcsb ram is going to be pushing 4900-5200 lbs, compared to 4300-4600 for a 2wd rcsb chevy. And yes the dodge trannys suck bigtime.

Just for comparison sake, the first time I took my truck to a 1/4 mile track, it ran a 13.89@96. Mods were CAI, longtubes, cutouts, and superchips. Another rcsb ram ran a 14.08 with the same mods except he had no headers, but he had a ramair intake. I've never done any research on chevy trucks but, what does it take to get a rcsb in the 13's?? 12's???

I'm not trying to be a troll, just having a conversation :cheers:

Edited by 2006LS2TB (see edit history)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not misinformed info... I have witnessed it my self at capitol raceway.

maybe everyone I saw was 4wd.... But..none the less... a 5.3 reg cab GM pick up can polish them off. If mods are equal the ls engine will win just about every damn time! You should know better then this.

Hell the 4l60's are not good in the SS..But I would rather have that then the dodge OD trans.

Yes, a stock QC 4X4 would run in the 15.8 range. The 4X2 version slightly

better.

At 4400lbs of course the 5.3L RCSB GM's perform well. Wonder what my

truck would do at that feather weight? I'm just under 4900lbs w/ half tank

of fuel.

Good point on the weight...But you were also comparing an AWD SS EXT CAB V.S a REGULAR cab 2wd Dodge.

I am sure the SSS would love to have that light weight aswell. My point was SSS is heavier, and stock for stock (in most cases)are faster then a reg. cab RC RB 2wd.

That dodges are cool lookin , but just a bit slower then a SSS. IMO .5-1.0 sec slower

Good point on the weight...But you were also comparing an AWD SS EXT CAB V.S a REGULAR cab 2wd Dodge.

I am sure the SSS would love to have that light weight aswell. My point was SSS is heavier, and stock for stock (in most cases)are faster then a reg. cab RC RB 2wd.

That dodges are cool lookin , but just a bit slower then a SSS. IMO .5-1.0 sec slower

This is from kbb.com. They get their info from the manufactures.

2007 Silverado SS Ext. Cab 4X2 4627lbs

2007 Dodge Ram QC Laramie 4X2 5232lbs.

The Ext Cab SS is quite a bit lighter than I am. So I would

guess AWD SS would be in the 5200-5300lbs range.

I think the QC 4X4 Hemi Rams are pushing 5700lbs.

This is from kbb.com. They get their info from the manufactures.

2007 Silverado SS Ext. Cab 4X2 4627lbs

2007 Dodge Ram QC Laramie 4X2 5232lbs.

The Ext Cab SS is quite a bit lighter than I am. So I would

guess AWD SS would be in the 5200-5300lbs range.

I think the QC 4X4 Hemi Rams are pushing 5700lbs.

i weighed in at 5100, 03 ss AWD

I'll throw my 2 cents out there to, i've been down this weight road before on the dodge website...The silverado is lighter, no mater what version rc or Ext. There is no debating it. If you try to compare the Ext cab ss to the QC ram the verdict will always be the same the ss will win, because of weight and gears. I hate to compare apples to oranges but the only fair way to compare the 2 brands is the reg cab 2 wheel drive hemi to the AWD SS(the 2 wheel drive ss is a touch faster then the AWD...some times). There will always be the chevy guys saying it's not fair to compare a ext cab awd to a reg cab 2 wheel drive and they're right, it's not apples to apples. The hemi guys will alway say if there ram was lighter it would stand a chance...and they're right, but that isn't apples to apples either because it weighs what it weighs. So take out of this what you will, but the point is there is no fair way to compare these trucks and doing so only gets guys mad.

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

i weighed in at 5100, 03 ss AWD

I'll throw my 2 cents out there to, i've been down this weight road before on the dodge website...The silverado is lighter, no mater what version rc or Ext. There is no debating it. If you try to compare the Ext cab ss to the QC ram the verdict will always be the same the ss will win, because of weight and gears. I hate to compare apples to oranges but the only fair way to compare the 2 brands is the reg cab 2 wheel drive hemi to the AWD SS(the 2 wheel drive ss is a touch faster then the AWD...some times). There will always be the chevy guys saying it's not fair to compare a ext cab awd to a reg cab 2 wheel drive and they're right, it's not apples to apples. The hemi guys will alway say if there ram was lighter it would stand a chance...and they're right, but that isn't apples to apples either because it weighs what it weighs. So take out of this what you will, but the point is there is no fair way to compare these trucks and doing so only gets guys mad.

Brad

Well said Brad!! Could not agree more. Man! 5100lbs is light

as a feather. I assume that is with you NOT in the truck?

How much fuel was in your tank. I have a SnugLid hard

tonneau that adds a good 120lbs to my truck. I had it

weighed with just a hair over 1/2 tank fuel and it weighed

4880lbs. My curb (full tank) weight would be in the 4950lb

range. Us Dodge guys have to just strip down our trucks

to reduce our weight. I pulled my spare and jack which knocked

off 88lbs. That helped my times by close to 1/10th second.

Now, just get rid of my 40/30/40 seat (has power drivers side)

and throw a couple light buckets......LOL!! No, I'm not going

that far. Light 18" wheels and a 2/4 drop is what I would like

to do.

Edited by Hemi4Me (see edit history)

Amen. I always try to tell people every vehicle has it's own advantages/disadvantages. If you even out the playing field exactly, everything would run the exact same times. Say if we were to compare a rcsb ram to a rcsb chevy... If the ram was the same weight it would be faster, but if you added displacement to the chevy it would be faster, then throw the same transmission in the ram that's in the chevy and they'll be neck and neck. Same could be said for the ram and SSS. Add weight to the ram and the SS will be faster. Then add displacment to the ram and.... You get what I'm saying..

Amen. I always try to tell people every vehicle has it's own advantages/disadvantages. If you even out the playing field exactly, everything would run the exact same times. Say if we were to compare a rcsb ram to a rcsb chevy... If the ram was the same weight it would be faster, but if you added displacement to the chevy it would be faster, then throw the same transmission in the ram that's in the chevy and they'll be neck and neck. Same could be said for the ram and SSS. Add weight to the ram and the SS will be faster. Then add displacment to the ram and.... You get what I'm saying..

Run what ya brung! Its always an interesting conversation on what "beats" what these days. Ignorance plays a good part in that but I can't help myself sometimes when I hear a good one :driving:

Here is one of the best "I beat a XXX with my XXX". Read through the entire post and see who is ignorant and who is not. Lightning vs. Corvette

• 7 months later...

Preston, I know that kid. His name is Rueben and he has his own little shop in gassville called Rueben's tires. Be that I work at Dodge I have driven those trucks and there is no way that thing could take your truck! There not bad for what they are but there wasnt anything wrong with his. He stopped me in town 3 days ago and asked me to race and I looked at him and said "Dude, I know what there capable of and Im not gonna waste my gas Rueben." I told him we can take it up at the track in rogerville in the spring tho. LOL