Broke Yet Another Dayco "No Slack"

well as some of you know, this makes 3 :banghead: not sure what to do, im a little fed up with this. the last two i wasnt even in boost..... i can understand how 600+ ft/lb would break it, but wet weather driving on teh stock goodyears? how is that alright? anybody have any ideas? thinking about getting a custom made katech billet tensioner.

the last two just did three complete rotations, this time it snapped and left itself on federal hwy :crackup:

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00710.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

well like i tell everyone, just get the blower, maybe some nice headers, and call it a day. i had ZERO issues until i tore the engine apart and changed everything. that was a BIG mistake. it mightve brought another 100+ hp, but the disiel noise and the torque snapping everything is just too much for an everyday driver.

mario, we discussed before about the internals of the LQ9. they can hold 450++whp no problem, all day long. the magna with our dyno tune, a pulley, and a TB is plenty(440whp)...... 12 second quater with stock fuel economy should be enough for just about anyone :thumbs:

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

Thats exactly the thing im afraid of,you start modding an everyday driver and your worse of than if you just would have done a few mods.I'm sorry for you pain it sounds like custom is the way to go,good luck.

yea bolt-ons are the way to go on an everyday driver. cant go wrong..... increased performance and usually increased fuel economy

We need to get a talkin :devil:

haha yes we do, fellow neighboors need to unite lol :driving: the truck will be perfect as soon as its not an everyday driver.... sold the cobalt ss s/c, but plan on getting a CTS-V in the next few months, so the truck and the garage can become very close friends :thumbs:

We need to get a talkin :devil:

haha yes we do, fellow neighboors need to unite lol :driving: the truck will be perfect as soon as its not an everyday driver.... sold the cobalt ss s/c, but plan on getting a CTS-V in the next few months, so the truck and the garage can become very close friends :thumbs:

Lets all meet somewhere, maybe the tower shops? or the beach? I want to see kelleyperformance's setup, get some ideas which way to go first. Want to see the LT headers in a truck :thumbs:

Thats exactly the thing im afraid of,you start modding an everyday driver and your worse of than if you just would have done a few mods.I'm sorry for you pain it sounds like custom is the way to go,good luck.
There's definitely a fine line between a modded daily driver, and weekend cruiser/racer. It's just a matter of how far you're willing to take it.

lmao JB weld! i was actually thinking about cyro treating that POS..... then throwing a billet idler pulley on it. but the katech is easier and hopefully much stronger. but you know katech, they are some insane $$$$$. funny thing is the dayco belt has been on and thrown off all three times, its still as strong as it was new. (might add my horribly noisey gatorbacks both broke when the tensioner actually held)

Lets all meet somewhere, maybe the tower shops? or the beach? I want to see kelleyperformance's setup, get some ideas which way to go first. Want to see the LT headers in a truck :thumbs:

ya we should do that for sure :driving:

well, did it again today. except this time it was a miracle lol. was WOT on the on-ramp from pembroke road to n/ bound 95, and heard a pop. looked in my mirror to see a perfectly fine belt flying thru the air :crackup: and a jeep swerving for dear life like it was a bomb. the tensioner is fine, the little stopper to keep it from going past its unloaded state is chipped tho..... wtf is casuing this?

try napa part #38131 change the pulley with the dayco tensioner and it bolts right up looks a lot beefier just put mine on so i guess i will find out . i went thru 4 dayco tensioners

Yep my Napa tensioner is still holding up fine I dont know why you all keep buying the stock maggie junk. Did any of you go to Ft Lauderdale high I graduated there in 83.

DSC00663.jpg

DSC00662.jpg