DOWNED A DODGE!!!

Dylan06SS

OH WHAT A GREAT DAY I'VE HAD! My SS was only 52 miles from 500 (broken in) so I figured I'd take it for a quick drive up the mountain road to tick off the last miles! (got a couple of pics too.) I hit the peak at around 503 miles and turned to head back down. About 2-3 miles before the last set of switch backs some dick in a blue HEMI just misses me as he comes around a turn and passes me. Figuring I'm finally okay to put my foot in it, I gunned it :devil: . I was on his ass and passed him just before the switchbacks (he was riding his brakes like a moron who doesn't know about low gears :fume: ) By the time we were at the bottom of the mountain I was a good 10 car links ahead of him (AWD is awsome for cornering at speed! :D ) He caught me at the next light we both rev'd up and went for it. I got a good 1.5 lengths on him (mostly reaction time) and he never recovered! The big baby :cry: chose to just ride my aSS (despite the fact there were 2 lanes) for the next couple of lights and finally turned, but not w/o flipping me off first. SORE LOSER!

I'm so proud, my babies first day off the leash and she whooped Dodge!

heres a couple of the pics I took:

464259_4_full.jpg

464259_5_full.jpg

(tree struck by "lightning"? nope. Burned by a red hot SS!)

its not the way its geared.. compare your SS front, to the ram's front. see that big ass front end on that dodge? its called drag. drag makes the HEMI or any dodge fall on its face after the 1/8th mile.

So back to the original topic

Was it a QC Hemi? 4x4? Long beg? 20's? all the above? if so, there's your answer. even if its JUST a QC, he weighs more than you, I hope you walked him.

I could post of a kill on an SS i had, but I'm not going to stir up trouble here, I'll leave that for the dodge forums. some people just can't drive, plain and simple. :)

dylanvonkleist

I was wondering if your SS was a 2004 since your tail lights are little different then my 03. I know GM made a small change to the lights by adding a small strip around the lights but I didn;t know they made that change to the SS as well

Bob

dylanvonkleist - Is that the road up to Mt Baldy ski area? Looks kind of familiar. Now that I think about it, I have not had my SS up there yet. I will have to put that on the list of places to visit. Those twisty switchbacks should be fun. :D

It was a QC Ram on the stock 20's, for whoever asked.

I have a 2004 for whoever asked about the tail lights.

That was the road to Mt. Baldy ski area/Icehouse Canyon! Good eye dcairns! I highly recommend that drive now that I got my SS up there, its a blast tearin' up that road (at least it was for me, I can't speak for the Dodge guy! :devil: ) Plus its just a beautiful drive (once you get past all the fire damage)

any hemi beating a ss is bs.

think what you want, ignore the facts, but just because one SS beat a QC hemi doesn't mean its going to beat a RC hemi, or just because you beat a RC hemi doesn't mean other hemi's can't beat you. there's a world of options out there for the hemi, the hemi is ONLY an engine option, NOTHING else. If you get a stripped down rc sb 4x2 hemi with 3.92 Limited Slip it may just walk the dog on the SS.

the SS is a great truck, fast its not, neither is the hemi. they're just trucks with a little extra go power than most. if you want it to go fast, you're going to have to make it go fast, because the manuf. are too chicken sh1t to make them go fast off the show room floor!

also, remember these words, they will come back to haunt you if you keep your attitude, "there will ALWAYS be someone faster than YOU." like it or not, that's the truth. some vehicles are not as they appear to be.. just look at the Ligenfelter Twin Turbo Corvette, probably the most undercover car there is. definately a sleeper! inside and out... till you pop the hood. :cheers:

Archived