I have a queston on my SS

RockHead

My hood looks like it is lose, when im driving . Each time I hit a bump on the road or go faster then 45- 50 . The hood looks like it will pop open, but it is closed. The driver side seem to move more then the passenger side. It was always that way, but it is driving me crazy :ughdance: It seems to me that te hood could be tiwsed. ummmm :banghead:

Adjusting the rubber stops will keep it from moving, but that's not the real reason why - it's because there is a 1/2" to 3/4" gap between the top of the headlight and the bottom of the hood corner allowing air to stream in between the two, air "piles up" under the front corners of the hood creating high pressure area and trying to lift the hood off like an airplane wing. The real solution is to try and keep air from going under the hood. Now that I think about it, raising the stops only worsens the problem as you increase the gap between the headlight and the leading edge of the hood.

Mr. P.

edit - this is also why the guys owning CAIs with lids/covers discovered that by removing the lid to their CAI box they run a tenth faster in the 1/4-mile; there's a very substantial amount of air (and drag) entering over the top of the headlight.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

Adjusting the rubber stops will keep it from moving, but that's not the real reason why - it's because there is a 1/2" to 3/4" gap between the top of the headlight and the bottom of the hood corner allowing air to stream in between the two, air "piles up" under the front corners of the hood creating high pressure area and trying to lift the hood off like an airplane wing. The real solution is to try and keep air from going under the hood. Now that I think about it, raising the stops only worsens the problem as you increase the gap between the headlight and the leading edge of the hood.

Mr. P.

edit - this is also why the guys owning CAIs with lids/covers discovered that by removing the lid to their CAI box they run a tenth faster in the 1/4-mile; there's a very substantial amount of air (and drag) entering over the top of the headlight.

What should I do ? Take it back to the dealer and have them fix it . Im planing on getting a cowl hood or a ram air soon. Could after market hood fix that of not ?My driver side is 3/4" gap and my pass side is 1/2" gap .

:banghead: