I have a queston on my SS

RockHead

I don't know if raising the bump stops will make worse. I guess it depends on what the bump stops are doing right now ... if they are not solid against the hood then raising them would help. If they are already solid and then you raise them ( in effect raising the hood and increasing the gap ) then I would have to agree with Mister P. But if you are just making a more solid point for the hood to rest on ... then the gap would not be increased and the drag would be the same. IMO

maby check to see if the hood catch on the core support can be loosened and slid down a bit making the hood shut tighter and closing the gap up some by lowering the rubber stops i mighr go look in it on mine see what i can do :thumbs:

Oh yeah, you know what I did once? I even took out the hood latch mechanism and drilled the two holes with a drill so that the latch could go further down I removed like 1/8 ... Maybe a cowl induction hood would help relieve some of that airflow :dunno: Going at 120 with all the air coming from the front would have a definite force on the front of the hood because it's the only place it would be able to exit the engine compartment. :cheers:

Oh yeah, you know what I did once? I even took out the hood latch mechanism and drilled the two holes with a drill so that the latch could go further down I removed like 1/8 ... Maybe a cowl induction hood would help relieve some of that airflow :dunno: Going at 120 with all the air coming from the front would have a definite force on the front of the hood because it's the only place it would be able to exit the engine compartment. :cheers:

I look at the stops and they on the bottum of the hood, they are not pushing the hood up at all . I may play around with it .

I was at a stop light and another guy pulled up next to me ( chevy silverado ), and he said my

hood was open. I kind of freaked out, never noticed the gap on the passenger side.

Sure as shit, it was raised up alittle bit, opened it up, turned down the stops, didn't help much.

Gonna have the dealer body shop take a look at it. Maybe they can fix it? :nonod:

I have noticed it does shake alittle over 45....................

I played around with the hood stops and it not working at all :ughdance: So......... Im planing on geting a cowl hood . I had a goodmark hood on my old Z-71 and it iwas nice......... :cheers: