Differnece in VHO and vortec max

TheGunny

My V-max package came with a 4l70e, 14 bolt with 4:10 gears and 17' wheels also the V-Max package is availible in 4wd and 2wd 4 door and extra cab...The VHO (b4v) came with 20' wheels and the 4l65e only in 2 wheels drive extended cab apickups with a 10 bolt and 3:73 gears. I could be wrong though Love that sig by the way!!!! little sideways.....

Pulled this artivcle from the net...............

The Vortec High Output (also know as the VHO by some enthusiasts) was first introduced in 2004 to a limited market (mainly consisting of Texas and several surrounding areas). The VHO package (under option code B4V) included several options previously not found on the standard 1500 model, most notably the LQ9 6.0 liter V-8 engine (the same used for the Silverado SS and the Cadillac Escalade). The LQ9 motor was rated at 345 hp at 5200 rpm and 380 lb.-ft. of torque at 4000 rpm, which was the same specifications shared in the SS models. The package also included one style of the newly introduced GM 20 inch wheels installed from the factory. The B4V package could only be ordered on an extended cab, light duty, 2 wheel drive Silverado or Sierra. This marked the first time the LQ9 engine was available for a two wheel drive application. For the 2006 model year the Vortec Max package replaced the VHO with an array of similar features and new badges. It was also made available for crew cab models (in addition to the extended cab) and customers were able to purchase these trucks outside of the original market of the VHO. The Vortec Max Performance package boasts an industry leading 10,000 pounds towing capacity.

The Vortec HO 6000 or VortecMAX, technically the LQ9, is a special high-output version of the Vortec 6000 V8 truck engine originally designed for Cadillac. This engine was introduced in other truck lines as VortecMAX for 2006. It features high-compression (10:1) flat-top pistons for an extra 10 hp and 10 ft·lbf, bringing output to 345 hp (257 kW) and 380 ft·lbf (515 N·m). LQ9s are built only in Romulus, Michigan.

LQ9 Applications:

* 2002-2005 Cadillac Escalade

* 2002-2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT

* 2003-2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV

* 2003-2005 Chevrolet Silverado SS

* 2004-2005 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra Vortec HO Edition Only [badging on truck]

* 2006-2007 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra VortecMAX Option

The below is for my 2005 VHO, and all other 2005 VHO's I believe

SILVERADO PERFORMANCE EDITION, option code B4V

includes (LQ9) Engine, Vortec high-output 6000 V8, (M32) Transmission, 4-speed automatic, heavy-duty, (GT4) Rear axle, 3.73 ratio, (Z60) Suspension Package, High-Performance, (G80) Differential, locking, heavy-duty, rear, (NW7) Traction assist system, electronic, (KC4) Cooling, engine oil, (KNP) Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, (Z82) Trailering equipment, heavy-duty, (UK3) Sound system feature, steering wheel mounted radio controls, (QR9) Wheels, 4 - 20" x 8.5", cast aluminum, chromed, 5-spoke, (QSS) Tires, P275/55R20, touring, blackwall, (ZAN) Tire, spare P265/70R17, blackwall and 17" Wheel, steel, spare (Requires CC15753 Models

An updated 4L60-E, the 4L65-E (RPO M32), was phased in around the 2003 model year when coupled behind the 6.0 Vortec. Five-pinion planetaries, along with a modified drum/input shaft assembly, were improved to withstand up to 380 ft•lbf (515 N•m) of torque.

The below is for my 2005 VHO, and all other 2005 VHO's I believe

SILVERADO PERFORMANCE EDITION, option code B4V

includes (LQ9) Engine, Vortec high-output 6000 V8, (M32) Transmission, 4-speed automatic, heavy-duty, (GT4) Rear axle, 3.73 ratio, (Z60) Suspension Package, High-Performance, (G80) Differential, locking, heavy-duty, rear, (NW7) Traction assist system, electronic, (KC4) Cooling, engine oil, (KNP) Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, (Z82) Trailering equipment, heavy-duty, (UK3) Sound system feature, steering wheel mounted radio controls, (QR9) Wheels, 4 - 20" x 8.5", cast aluminum, chromed, 5-spoke, (QSS) Tires, P275/55R20, touring, blackwall, (ZAN) Tire, spare P265/70R17, blackwall and 17" Wheel, steel, spare (Requires CC15753 Models

An updated 4L60-E, the 4L65-E (RPO M32), was phased in around the 2003 model year when coupled behind the 6.0 Vortec. Five-pinion planetaries, along with a modified drum/input shaft assembly, were improved to withstand up to 380 ft•lbf (515 N•m) of torque.

VORTEC MAX PACKAGE: includes (LQ9) Engine, Vortec high-output 6000 V8 with "VortecMax" engine cover, (M70) Transmission, 4-speed automatic, super duty, (GT5) Rear axle, 4.10 ratio (includes (GT4) Rear axle,(G80) Differential, locking, heavy-duty, rear, (ZX3) Suspension Package, Ride-Control, (KC4) Cooling, external engine oil cooler, (KNP) Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, auxiliary, and (Z82) Trailering equipment, heavy-duty (NHT)

• 2 weeks later...
VORTEC MAX PACKAGE: includes (LQ9) Engine, Vortec high-output 6000 V8 with "VortecMax" engine cover, (M70) Transmission, 4-speed automatic, super duty, (GT5) Rear axle, 4.10 ratio (includes (GT4) Rear axle,(G80) Differential, locking, heavy-duty, rear, (ZX3) Suspension Package, Ride-Control, (KC4) Cooling, external engine oil cooler, (KNP) Cooling, external transmission oil cooler, auxiliary, and (Z82) Trailering equipment, heavy-duty (NHT)

That says it best , and you can get this with 17in wheels as well as 20 s.at least in 07 NBS)

Edited by cerbomark (see edit history)

The VHO (b4v) came with 20' wheels and the 4l65e only in 2 wheels drive extended cab apickups with a 10 bolt and 3:73 gears. I could be wrong though Love that sig by the

05 - 14 bolt 9.5" ring gear differential

Not all V-Max's are 4.10 trucks, my 06 has 3.73's.

You are right.......Hence the (GT5) Rear axle, 4.10 ratio (includes (GT4) Rear axle......

GT5 = 4:10, GT4 = 3.73

:thumbs:
I am going to buy a 2007 new style 1500 with the vortec 6.0L Variable Vaule Timing v8 SFI it says it is rated at 367hp and 375 torque. My question is, is this engine any different from the one that comes in the silverado ss or is it more powerfull or is it the same exact engine. Also is it High output and what is the difference between SFI and MFI. I would like a SS but I need the crew cab what do you guys think?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
(ZX3) Suspension Package, Ride-Control

what 'ride control' ?

If I had my camera here I would take a picture of the button on dash near the pass. air bag off key switch looks like a bumpy road on switch, which is to switch from normal to harder

dampening on shocks. Note: this is on my 4 wheel steering truck which ZX3 came standard.

• 2 weeks later...
I think i remember reading a post on the differnece between a VHO and vortec max but couldn't find it does anyone know where the post is or what the difference between the 2 are?

from what i heard the heads are diff v-max has more compression