07 v max NBS

cerbomark

yea, i remember you and alot of others i see are still here. I bought a 07 crew cab with a 4.8, 3;42 and thought it would be more efficient and i would forget about the power. Well my SS got better fuel mileage and the power was bad with the 3;42 s. So after 5K miles I traded it in and didn t get killed too bad. Fri I get the new v max and got to get the pcm tune ASAP. I loved the new intieiors and the crew cab is great for me with the short box. The ride is nice too.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30825

Check out that post big tool has the 6.0L with 4.10 gears. He was getting around 14.5 or so. Then he got bigger tires and lift and it went down. Then he got a tune and it came back up. He has a few posts around about his gas miliage.

Edited by hockeyfan39 (see edit history)

After several weeks of driving now I have a clearer picture of what my new VMax is gonna perform like MPG wise.

City driving is very consistant in the 14-15mpg range,while highway MPG is 18-20mpg depending on speed.

If I only did the speed limit I would easily be over 20mpg all the time!!

The computer MPG average is actually pretty accurate on these things too.

All in all these are pretty goood numbers,especially for a new truck.

To compare the little ladies 07 Ford Sportrac with 4.6L V8/6 speed tranny get's worse mpg in the city and about the same on the highway......mind you we do tend to drive it a bit harder :devil:

yea, i remember you and alot of others i see are still here. I bought a 07 crew cab with a 4.8, 3;42 and thought it would be more efficient and i would forget about the power. Well my SS got better fuel mileage and the power was bad with the 3;42 s. So after 5K miles I traded it in and didn t get killed too bad. Fri I get the new v max and got to get the pcm tune ASAP. I loved the new intieiors and the crew cab is great for me with the short box. The ride is nice too.

Did you see the truck that I posted? 2007 V Max I'm selling this truck.