Both me and the wife wrecked today

Holty

Ok so I just quickly skipped to the end! Did the insurance pay for your parts and you are doing all the work? Do you own the truck? I know it it's on a loan most of the time they require you to take it to a shop but if you know a friend at a shop this would make sence as well!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like things are looking up. Put it this way, you are learning things about your truck basically from the ground up. You should be a profesional SS builder when this is done.

keep us posted.

dame josh that looks like too much work . i thought puttin gmy truck back together was alot but man i give you props for tackling this. hopefull back together soon and have her running even better. nice work!!!

Taking today off after 3 straight 14hr days working on this thing. Yesterday got entire front suspension and driveline off the old frame and bolted up to the new one. The old frame has absolutely no more parts, bolts, etc. It will be gone to the scrap yard this week. The rear end is painted up and ready to bolt in. Fuel tank, Trans and xfer case cleaned up and ready to go. Got the engine assembled with new cam, springs, push rods, timing chain, oil pump, and m122 all cleaned up, painted, and ready to go. Couple set backs is that Richard at WCCH sent me the wrong cam so have to take it back apart to swap cams once the new one gets here. Quik does not know this yet, so i'm sure he'll read this and get a game plan together on switching cams HOPEFULLY first thing saturday morning. I broke the timing chain cover taking the old front seal out so i had to drive 1.5hrs to pick up a new one courtesy of "pewterss" from JJ's Automotive in Bridgeport, PA. Thanks Brian! Also, the moutning for the evap box was different on the new frame so we had to cut the bracket off and weld a new one on courtesy of wkdivr. Other than that, no major problems were encoutered.

progress027Large.jpg

progress026Large.jpg

progress025Large.jpg

progress023Large.jpg

progress018Large.jpg

progress017Large.jpg

ALOT of work! I could really get into a project like this but will take 5X as long as you guys are. I am slow when it comes to big projects :shakehead:

Nice work! ...so how much boost are you going to run?

ALOT of work! I could really get into a project like this but will take 5X as long as you guys are. I am slow when it comes to big projects :shakehead:

Nice work! ...so how much boost are you going to run?

Thats a good question, i really don't have any idea. I guess whatever the 122 and a 2.8 pulley make is what i'll run unless its more than 12psi, then i'll switch back to a 3.0 pulley.

• 2 weeks later...