Both me and the wife wrecked today

Holty

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Things were coming along well for awhile just needed to work out some small issues like wiring for the intercooler pump and the secondary fuel pump. After that, alignment, air bag install, and detail was all that it needed. Today while attempting to install the air bag we found that my entire steering column is bent. We knew there were problems before because the steering shaft was hitting my headers but we replaced the steering shaft and its still bent pretty good. Now we're back to waiting on the insurance adjuster to come out yada yada yada :(

got to drive my truck again last night for about an hour. too scared of breaking the tensioner or throwing a belt again, so no wot, and i forgot my laptop, so no log either. it seems to run good though. i think i'm gonna lower the rear another inch. it sits to high imo. the ride is fantastic. these new shocks and sway bars are the shit! especially the shocks, man do they ride nice and soak up the bumps. somethings still wrong with the brakes though. we bled them again and not a single air bubble came out but i can still push them to the floor and it won't stop hard like it should. it still needs alignment also. then its done. shouldn't be long now until its home for good.

joshstruck092.jpg

joshstruck093.jpg

joshstruck094.jpg

joshstruck095.jpg

joshstruck091.jpg

there are no leaks. the abs module is a sealed unit i don't know how to check it other than verifying there are no leaks. there is a bleed procedure that the service manual says to do but its actually done with a tech 2 and has nothing to do with phsycialy bleeding the brakes. if thats what you're referring to that is going to happen tomorrow we had to find someone with a tech 2.