Both me and the wife wrecked today

Holty

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys, finally, about 95% of the truck is done. All thats left is the body work/paint, and then just the minor details like fluids, tune, etc. For the most part, everything went pretty smoothly with only a couple very minor set backs throughout the entire rebuild process. Here is the latest pics where you can see the new blower, shocks, sway bars, etc are added. The cam, springs, push rods, timing chain, and oil pump have also already been installed. 99% of the electrical is also connected up ready to go. After the body/paint work, just will have to mount and run lines for the heat exchanger and tranny cooler. Then all that will need done is re-attaching the front driveshaft, alignment, and give it a "once over" before it takes its first journey since the wreck. Enjoy the pics and feedback is always welcome.

moreprogress006.jpg

moreprogress008.jpg

moreprogress001.jpg

moreprogress015.jpg

moreprogress022.jpg

moreprogress018.jpg

moreprogress020.jpg

I have to say that i'm going to miss working on this project once its all done but i sure am excited about getting my truck back. This frame took a hell of a hit and held up great. My body/frame guy had to use his frame machine to pull the frame just a little bit a few weeks ago so we had enough clearance between the engine and the cab to pull the cab off. This frame took 13tons of pulling force and he said it barely moved at all. Thats a strong ass frame....

moreprogress005.jpg

Weighed 500lbs and got $30 at the scrap yard for it.

Where the F*** was I for this thread???? :crazy::crazy: I just saw it today for the first time!!!!!

Holty ... I hope everything works out for you .... Sucks to see the toy in shop. But, It seems that it will be force to be reconned with, once completed>>>>> :thumbs::thumbs:

That looks like soooo much fun to do if I had the time/ insurance check to do it.... not that the circumstances were that nice to get there but damn, talk about getting know your truck!!! I bet you'll have a hard time selling that one now!! Looking good man :thumbs: