New Best Again...

RacerJJ

Last weekend at California Dragway I recorded a new best ET and MPH...13.989 @ 94.35 mph. Only change was my tuning. My converter was locking up at 68 mph before and unloading the motor big time. A big thanks to 06VHO for the tuning help...I owe this new best to you Mike and I am very grateful.

Edited by RacerJJ (see edit history)

Last weekend at California Dragway I recorded a new best ET and MPH...13.989 @ 94.35 mph. Only change was my tuning. My converter was locking up at 68 mph before and unloading the motor big time. A big thanks to 06VHO for the tuning help...I owe this new best to you Mike and I am very grateful.

Very good time. I had a feeling that the tcc was your main problem. I wish I could figure out why it won't run with my program though...

Very good time. I had a feeling that the tcc was your main problem. I wish I could figure out why it won't run with my program though...

Me too! I'm going to scan it one of these days when I buy HP Tuners. It'll run with yours but it just doesn't idle very well. I'm not sure how it "runs" because with the idle so choppy, I didn't want to take it out and get stranded. Someday I'll figure it out and I'll let you know.

Nice work! So you are locking the converter earlier or later than 68mph?

Later...it won't lock under WOT now untill 115 mph which I won't hit...yet :devil:

Pretty much the same results I got. Locking the converter earlier gave me higher MPH but my E.T suffered a bit. Unlocking through the 1/4 didn't help me. I lock at 78 (my sweet spot). My buddy has a turbo and locking earlier helped him spool up and gain E.T.

How can you tell when it locks up? I don't really understand the whole tc thing. Can someone explain?

I could tell because my tune was set-up wrong (I think??). When the tc would lock, the motor would drop 2300 rpm and bog down severely. In a drag car or truck, the vehicle should be pulling through the finish line in the power band, 6000 rpm give or take. before, with the lock up, I was "cruising" through the traps at a mere 4200 or so rpm. Not only was it not fun to drive at all that way, but it was robbing ET and MPH. I've been talking with 06VHO and he seems to think that if I lock the converter briefly in 2nd gear, I would pick-up quite a bit in MPH and ET. There's a lot of different theories out there regarding this issue but I'm happy with the it is for now.