Neck to Neck Rumble Bee

Schmids5.3l

I talked to the guy at a stop light that took forever, he had a black 2wd RC SB Hemi Rumble Bee. We asked what mods eachother have, only thing he had was a Flash pack from Superchips and some very loud ass duals. After exchanging words there is a Toyota Celica behind us reving, probobly because the light took forever. The rumble bee guy looks around calmly and then asks "I wanna see what that bowtie has, wanna run?" I said "sure, you think that ricer back there will keep up? He said no his wife has one. We sat around for a little while and he began cussing at the light and yelled "I need to get back to work, damnit" or something like that. Then the adjacent light turned yellow, and he yelled "get ready chevy guy" with a big shit-grin. The light turned green and we both mashed it. I heard the ricer behind us getting on it also. We were neck to neck until I pulled at 65, only a matter of feet though, I looked over and his grill was right there. The Celica was behind the Rumble Bee somewere, a few lengths. We let off at 80ish, and I hopped on the highway and he kept going and honked. The Celica, which looked decent with a body kit followed the Dodge.

It was a good race, traffic was low, it was around 2pm. Traction was good on my end, he spun a little bit. Im suprised I actually raced a stranger who was cool about it! Especially a Dodge guy, lots of the Dodge guys around here drive around like hard asses :confused:

I talked to the guy at a stop light that took forever, he had a black 2wd RC SB Hemi Rumble Bee. We asked what mods eachother have, only thing he had was a Flash pack from Superchips and some very loud ass duals. After exchanging words there is a Toyota Celica behind us reving, probobly because the light took forever. The rumble bee guy looks around calmly and then asks "I wanna see what that bowtie has, wanna run?" I said "sure, you think that ricer back there will keep up? He said no his wife has one. We sat around for a little while and he began cussing at the light and yelled "I need to get back to work, damnit" or something like that. Then the adjacent light turned yellow, and he yelled "get ready chevy guy" with a big shit-grin. The light turned green and we both mashed it. I heard the ricer behind us getting on it also. We were neck to neck until I pulled at 65, only a matter of feet though, I looked over and his grill was right there. The Celica was behind the Rumble Bee somewere, a few lengths. We let off at 80ish, and I hopped on the highway and he kept going and honked. The Celica, which looked decent with a body kit followed the Dodge.

It was a good race, traffic was low, it was around 2pm. Traction was good on my end, he spun a little bit. Im suprised I actually raced a stranger who was cool about it! Especially a Dodge guy, lots of the Dodge guys around here drive around like hard asses :confused:

Sounds like a pretty good race. Those heavy 20's do hurt performance.

What wheel/tire combo are you running? What kind of times will

your truck do now

Edited by Hemi4Me (see edit history)

Im running 255 R16's w/ Michelin LTX M/S. He wasnt really cocky, he had a big grin on his face the entire time, except when he freaked out on the light :D , he seemed pretty cool actually. My new time should be in the 14.6 range, Im going to the strip tommrrow if the weather holds, which it's supposed to.

The RCSB Tundras are supposed to be nasty, low 14's stock I guess. I dont think they would have an aftermarket anytime soon tho.

Im running 255 R16's w/ Michelin LTX M/S. He wasnt really cocky, he had a big grin on his face the entire time, except when he freaked out on the light :D , he seemed pretty cool actually. My new time should be in the 14.6 range, Im going to the strip tommrrow if the weather holds, which it's supposed to.

The RCSB Tundras are supposed to be nasty, low 14's stock I guess. I dont think they would have an aftermarket anytime soon tho.

About the only in the near future for the Tundra will

be inatke and exhaust mods. Don't think they will

get any tuning that soon.

Those 16's are really making a big difference for your

truck. They must be in the 28" diameter range.

Hahaha! I LOVE the story SchmidDaddY, that's the way thing SHOULD be!

I race all the time in all sorts of vehicles, and to be honest 3/4 of the races are just like that... I usually joke around with the "other guy", and win or lose it's usually a good experience.

I have had a few jerk offs, but not many- over the years. A guy once pulled up beside me at a red light, put his power window down TO LAUGH AT ME, then put his window up, and got his ass handed to him when the light changed. Wonder if he was still smirking and laughing....? :lol:

I street raced for many years, almost ALWAYS had a great time.

Good kill!

:thumbs:

The 255's he's running are likely a 255/70R16 and are around 30" tall. Overall the effective ratio would be similar to the Dodge's 275/60R20's and a 3.92 gear. Basicly it's two similarly equipped trucks and a good race. I'd like to have a piece of one like it and I have 20" wheels'.

Yep their 255/70R16. I missed the track this Friday, my best friend whose an Army Ranger came into town out of no where so I had to put it off, and the weathers not looking too good this week. I'll probobly have to shoot for next weekend. As long as I run faster than a 14.59 I'll be happy :D If Outlaw would hurry and get their dry filters in I'll have my intake.

Well speaking of racing ( and I dont want to steam the ss guys by making a new thread), I just got to beat a chevy silverado HO today. We both left circuit city at the same time, and I noticed that the side of his silverado had a badge that said High Output on the sides of the doors. It looked just like an SS with the factory twenty's and everything, minus the SS badges. He had duals and thats all I could tell that he had for mods. We pull down the road together and as fate has it we end up at a red light together. I give him a playful rev and he just kind of grins. When the light turned green I got a hard jump on him and he continued to fall farther and farther behind... by about 100 mph he was 3 lengths behind and I slowed down and waved him on. This was my first time ever racing a 6.0 chevy engine, I was pretty impressed. Considering how confident the chevy guys are, I was sure id get creamed. Not all rumble bee's are slow, but they did dupe alot of stupid people into buying them under the impression that they were fast off the showroom floor

Dude, thats HD, not HO. That's the slow 6.0.

Mike

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...%3D10%26hl%3Den

Here is a pic of it, i know that it wasnt an HD. Only difference was the one I raced was a chevy, had the same rims and everything.

The Vortec High Output (also know as the VHO by some enthusiasts) was first introduced in 2004 to a limited market (mainly consisting of Texas and several surrounding areas). The VHO package (under option code B4V) included several options previously not found on the standard 1500 model, most notably the LQ9 6.0 liter V-8 engine (the same used for the Silverado SS and the Cadillac Escalade). The LQ9 motor was rated at 345 hp at 5200 rpm and 380 lbf·ft (515 N·m) of torque at 4000 rpm, which was the same specifications shared in the SS models.

I got this from the High output/vortec max part on that page. I live in central texas, where they were mainly produced. Being an ex silverado owner too, I could tell it was an 04.

Edited by ACADEMYRUMBLEBEES (see edit history)

I noticed that the side of his silverado had a badge that said High Output on the sides of the doors.

I have never seen a Chevy with this on the side. The guy probably put a sticker on his 5.3.

HD looks like HO, and you will find this emblem on lots of Chevy trucks.

Mike