Catbacks

Flowmasters are great for saturday night. Mine is a bit loud on monday morning. I have ordered a Magnaflow 15840 to replace my flow, they are just too loud and they don't flow shit.

i wonder why they call them flowmasters if they don't flow worth a damn.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flowmasters are great for saturday night. Mine is a bit loud on monday morning. I have ordered a Magnaflow 15840 to replace my flow, they are just too loud and they don't flow shit.

if its to loud your to old....haha :jester: but seriously i wasnt looking for a power gain with the flows i just got a thing for the way they sound.

i dont see whats so great about the corsa's other than they have some nice shiney tips. do they outflow others? ive used all kinds of exhaust systems over the years and i like the magnaflows i put on two weeks ago the best.

It's all in the install; the real-world difference between the Magnaflow & Corsa isn't so much the muffler but also the plumbing. With the Corsa the headpipe and tailpipe are specifically sized & engineered to not hinder flow while preventing the buzzing/resonation which happens at 2000-2500 RPM. The Magnaflow muffler is a good product, but you are at the mercy of your installer to pick the correct size/lengths of piping so as to not have that in-cab drone. A few Magnaflow installs have come out great, and a few have drone so bad you almost cannot talk above it crusing down the freeway. Hearing a couple Magnaflow installs on the SSS my subjective opinion is that they are pretty raspy sounding; the Corsa system sounds more 'polished' or 'professional' and the Magnaflow has a definite outlaw "street/strip" sound. Again that's my own opinion.

And don't count out the Flowmaster; I also thought that their performance had been eclipsed by the new-millenium straight-thru mufflers (Corsa, Magnaflow) but the fastest stock long-block SSS has a very generic-looking pair of FM50s and runs 13.8's @ 95-mph all day long - so they're not apparently a performance hindrence (on that truck anyways). But again it's the install that will dictate how much drone you get.

Mr. P.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

Alot of it is personal prefference, as far as sound, drone, or what you're willing/able to put up with. Flowmaster has been around for a while, and revolutionized the industry when they first started. There are products now that may be better, but they are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. They are still used on alot of very fast street cars. They are my choice for exhaust. I've used them on several cars/trucks, and have not been let down yet.

Mr.P hit the nail on the head, It's in the installation.

I just figured out how to use my DV cam, i'll record a sound clip tomorrow..... :driving:

I'd like to hear it...I haven't being able to get mine instaled cause I've been getting out of work kinda late and

and the muffler shop that is going to do my install is closed by the time I get out of work...Hopefully I'll have them

done this weekend....