Catbacks

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you ever post sound clips of that system yet? i'd like to hear it.

Here ya go..........

clip 0006 was this 6am this morning, cold start

clip 0007 was this evening, warm start

enjoy :chevy:

oh yeah, and crank it up!! :driving:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I just put on my G.M. Performance parts exhaust on my 05 SS last night I really like it it is not very loud, but after having the Magnaflo muffler put on I had a very loud drone in the cab that just got louder with time so it had to go.The gm kit went in easily it only took me about 45 mins to put on including dropping the old system out.The only gripe I have is that the tail pipe is on to much of an angle downward so I'll have to take it off again and have it bent up a bit.

Edited by trixter99 (see edit history)

Hey Fast05SS just go by Jesse's on old 83 there in San Juan and ask for Rigo the owner. He's got good service and a real good welder there by

the name of Chuy and they'll fabricate a good custom exhaust for you. You won't get a better price unless you shop his brother's place 3 Star

Muffler in Mission. Ask for Juan and don't speak to Santiago because he's an azz and will stick it to you $$$$$ wise. BTW don't let them take

off your convertors unless you've got a hook up at an inspection station. :thumbs:

Hey Fast05SS just go by Jesse's on old 83 there in San Juan and ask for Rigo the owner. He's got good service and a real good welder there by

the name of Chuy and they'll fabricate a good custom exhaust for you. You won't get a better price unless you shop his brother's place 3 Star

Muffler in Mission. Ask for Juan and don't speak to Santiago because he's an azz and will stick it to you $$$$$ wise. BTW don't let them take

off your convertors unless you've got a hook up at an inspection station. :thumbs:

Do you live around the San Juan area????

I live about half a mile behind O'reillys....cross the canal....

It's all in the install; the real-world difference between the Magnaflow & Corsa isn't so much the muffler but also the plumbing. With the Corsa the headpipe and tailpipe are specifically sized & engineered to not hinder flow while preventing the buzzing/resonation which happens at 2000-2500 RPM. The Magnaflow muffler is a good product, but you are at the mercy of your installer to pick the correct size/lengths of piping so as to not have that in-cab drone. A few Magnaflow installs have come out great, and a few have drone so bad you almost cannot talk above it crusing down the freeway. Hearing a couple Magnaflow installs on the SSS my subjective opinion is that they are pretty raspy sounding; the Corsa system sounds more 'polished' or 'professional' and the Magnaflow has a definite outlaw "street/strip" sound. Again that's my own opinion.

And don't count out the Flowmaster; I also thought that their performance had been eclipsed by the new-millenium straight-thru mufflers (Corsa, Magnaflow) but the fastest stock long-block SSS has a very generic-looking pair of FM50s and runs 13.8's @ 95-mph all day long - so they're not apparently a performance hindrence (on that truck anyways). But again it's the install that will dictate how much drone you get.

Mr. P.

Agreed- none of the mentioned exhausts will pose a restriction for most NA street applications. Well-tuned race exhausts can use Flows or any good muffler given the right conditions, although companys often pay more at the track when using specific products (ala Hooker Headers, etc). I love my Corsa system, but I'm sure there are others that are just as good for other drivers. I did not want drone but did want it nice and raspy at WOT- I definitely got it in the Corsa.

if its to loud your to old....haha :jester: but seriously i wasnt looking for a power gain with the flows i just got a thing for the way they sound.

With a cam like mine they are just too loud. it was ok before the cam though.

I just had my magnaflow installed today and it looks good so far :D

It's all in the install; the real-world difference between the Magnaflow & Corsa isn't so much the muffler but also the plumbing. With the Corsa the headpipe and tailpipe are specifically sized & engineered to not hinder flow while preventing the buzzing/resonation which happens at 2000-2500 RPM. The Magnaflow muffler is a good product, but you are at the mercy of your installer to pick the correct size/lengths of piping so as to not have that in-cab drone. A few Magnaflow installs have come out great, and a few have drone so bad you almost cannot talk above it crusing down the freeway. Hearing a couple Magnaflow installs on the SSS my subjective opinion is that they are pretty raspy sounding; the Corsa system sounds more 'polished' or 'professional' and the Magnaflow has a definite outlaw "street/strip" sound. Again that's my own opinion.

And don't count out the Flowmaster; I also thought that their performance had been eclipsed by the new-millenium straight-thru mufflers (Corsa, Magnaflow) but the fastest stock long-block SSS has a very generic-looking pair of FM50s and runs 13.8's @ 95-mph all day long - so they're not apparently a performance hindrence (on that truck anyways). But again it's the install that will dictate how much drone you get.

Mr. P.

:withstupid: I like the way you put that together Mr. P. :thumbs: I'll be getting my corsa sport exhaust soon :cheers: