Engine codes after cam install

Alright guys here are the error codes I have.

P0300 - misfire code, I expected this one

P0113 - Something to do with IAT sensor

P0200 - Something to do with the injector circuit

The manuals I have are huge and are very vague of course because I don't have the tools to trouble shhot according to their way. I should have written down everything the guys scanner at autozone said, not just the codes.

Can any of you code experts shed some light on this. Should I not be driving it?

First one is normal from a cam install. It can be tuned out. Engine is not really misfiring.

Did you mess with the IAT cable at all when doing your install? Maybe bumped it? This is the one that we had to tap the two wires coming to the MAF sensor. I would check the connections where you tapped into the wires. Check the plug first.

Were you able to clear the codes? I think that now you have the cam in right, you should get your codes cleared and then see what comes up after. Had the check engine light come on when you ran it with things out of alignment? If it was, you may be seeing some of those codes.

I don't think I messed with the IAT cable. I suppose I could have bumped or pulled at it when I was fixing my mistake the other day I will have to go check.

They didn't actually clear the codes for me. It was cold and I think the guy was in a hurry.

Any clue on the injector circuit code?

Nevermind, I know what the deal is with the fuel injector code. ONE WAS FREAKIN UNPLUGGED. When it rains it ours with me. I bet when I unhooked the main coil wire to turn it over a few times yesterday I yanked that out too. :fume:

I get dumber by the minute.

Did any codes pop from the first time around on the cam?

Yea the light came on the first time around but I didn't get a chance to check the codes.

I will have to go back tommorrow and hav Autozone clear them and see where I am at.

You may need to get a crankshaft relearn done, also the misfire code is normal, but not acceptable, misfire codes can sometimes cause the convertor to lock and unlock also.

Any programmer (not handheld) should be able to tune the misfire out.

good luck,

allen

You may need to get a crankshaft relearn done, also the misfire code is normal, but not acceptable, misfire codes can sometimes cause the convertor to lock and unlock also.

Any programmer (not handheld) should be able to tune the misfire out.

good luck,

allen

I'm with ya Allen. You are the first person I am coming to when I get a chance. I am getting ready to go home (back east) for 3 weeks so it will have to wait until at least the first of the year.

I know I keep telling you that but as soon as I can freakin get away to get down there I will be knockin on your door. In the meantime I have to drive it that way.

Archived