New 03 SS for a little over $20,000!

SilveradoSS04

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, my dad is a finance manager for a chevy dealership and I had him check some things out. You guys were right and my dad told me the same thing...If it sounds too good to be true, than it is. We ran a carfax report and that dealership has already reported it sold to gm. The salesman kept saying it was all good and that I should drive down there. But after doing some research and e-mailing, I found out that that price was just to get me down there and then he was gonna charge me 31,000 which is about right for gms and rebate. I'm glad I didn't drive the 6 hours to get there! :chevy:

Back in 2000 I was looking to buy a 2000 ford svt contour ( i know it's a ford ) my first non GM vehicle. There was a dealer in Columbus OH. ( 2 hours from toledo ) who I had many phone conversations with, they had what I was looking for. We negotiated a price and man it was rite where I wanted to be for a monthly payment. After double checking to make sure I wasn't going to get hosed on the price, the girlfriend ( now my wife ) and I packed up and took a road trip to buy a car. Well you can imagine what happened when we got down there :fume: after stating multiple times over the phone I wanted to buy this car and not lease it....... you guessed it, the price negotiated all along were figures for a lease to get me down there. :fume::fume:

Well live and learn I guess, lets just say the dealership found out the hard way it's not worth feeding someone a line of BS in attempt to sell a vehicle. :devil:

• 2 months later...
As a dealer I have a hard time believing this. No matter how long the vehicle has sat on the lot, you can't take a loss like that...something is pretty fishy

Sure can't respond to that, but the local dealer has just written chalk prices on the windshields of every vehicle on his lot with some prices that just sicken me since the prices are lower than what I paid 14 months ago. $33k vehicles going for $26 - $27k. Some $42k Cadillacs for $29. There is one SS going for $28k. Several Pontiac Grand Am GTs for $17 - $18k. There's an $18k base work full-sized truck.

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE THEN ........you know the rest :wtf:

:withstupid: Be careful with the internet. check the BBB before you even think about sending money to this indivdual!

a buddy of mine just got ripped for 9.5k on a custom yamaha v-star off of cycletrader.com. just use your best senses when going about this deal.

btw,

where in oklahoma, i have tons of family all over the state. if you want i could have one of them check this dealer out as well as the truck before you finilize any kind of a deal over the internet. just a thought and my .2$ worth.

:cheers:

Riverside is pretty aggressive on pricing but $20K is unbelievable. Sounds like a bait and switch to get you here.

I bought my new 2003 SS online, it was originally listed on EBAY with a black one as well.

The dealer was out of Ottowa, OH. I contacted them via EMAIL about the truck, they did initially indicate a purchase price of $29999 minus rebates but then came back that the rebates were included in the $29999. After a little email haggling I bought the truck for $29500 which I think was a smoking deal. I've seen some posts where guys got deal a little better than I did but $20k is rediculous. There are used SS's in Tulsa listed for $29k.

Riverside is pretty aggressive on pricing but $20K is unbelievable. Sounds like a bait and switch to get you here.

I bought my new 2003 SS online, it was originally listed on EBAY with a black one as well.

The dealer was out of Ottowa, OH. I contacted them via EMAIL about the truck, they did initially indicate a purchase price of $29999 minus rebates but then came back that the rebates were included in the $29999. After a little email haggling I bought the truck for $29500 which I think was a smoking deal. I've seen some posts where guys got deal a little better than I did but $20k is rediculous. There are used SS's in Tulsa listed for $29k.

You got a sweet deal. Next time I'm in Tulsa I'll PM you to see if you want to get together.

Archived