New 03 SS for a little over $20,000!

SilveradoSS04

Hey, I've struck gold! I found a dealership that's listing an 03 black silverado SS for $28,100. They're also willing to give me my GMS rebate, on top of a $3500 dollar rebate!! That put's my final price just a little over $20,000!! For all of those ford harley and lightning owners, along with hemi owners-who got the best deal?

1 more point for the SS owners! :chevy:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, I've struck gold! I found a dealership that's listing an 03 black silverado SS for $28,100. They're also willing to give me my GMS rebate, on top of a $3500 dollar rebate!! That put's my final price just a little over $20,000!! For all of those ford harley and lightning owners, along with hemi owners-who got the best deal?

1 more point for the SS owners! :chevy:

Well, not that I don't believe you, but I'm :wtf:

GMS is only about 4% under supplier discount, which normally brings the truck in around 33k. Even w/ a $3500 rebate, thats a long ways from 20k. I could believe only about 26-27k for a completely stripped SS.

At any rate, if you did :cool:

I found the truck on ebay. The dealership is in OK. I e-mailed the guy and so far, all is good. before gms and rebate, the truck is 28,100. X that by .85 and subtract 3500=$20,385. He has agreed on the final price so far. I'll let you guys know whether I got that one and for what price. :chevy:

Good luck, but for that price, I could use too. Hope your the highest bidder :P:jester:

GMS is not a % discount, like the .85 number you threw out. It is the true GM price for the vehicle that it charges its dealers, which happens to be about 85% of the STICKER price. If he is wwilling to sell for $28K+, then you will not get any further GMS discount, and he is probably also factoring in the $3500 rebate in his price. No way will you get it for $20K, and you'll be very lucky if he sells it for $28. I GUARANTEE that the dealer will not sell it for a loss. If the dealers cost for the truck is $34K and there is $4K in various rebates and incentives, he wont sell for less than $30K.

In 2001, GMC made the C3 edition. A local dealer in Dallas had one until summer of 2002, almost two model years old. I saw it on ebay several times, and even with all the factory incentives, they wouldn't sell it for less than $30 on a $39 sticker. Just an example.

As a dealer I have a hard time believing this. No matter how long the vehicle has sat on the lot, you can't take a loss like that...something is pretty fishy with this whole thing, if the truck is so cheep then maybe it was a demo because there are discounts for dealers who demo them, and also beware because GM dealers don't have to sell a truck at GMS price, it is our choice no matter if you have the coupon or not, so I guess what I'm saying is if you are the high bidder and win this truck, it all might change when you go to pick it up at the dealership....

Well, my dad is a finance manager for a chevy dealership and I had him check some things out. You guys were right and my dad told me the same thing...If it sounds too good to be true, than it is. We ran a carfax report and that dealership has already reported it sold to gm. The salesman kept saying it was all good and that I should drive down there. But after doing some research and e-mailing, I found out that that price was just to get me down there and then he was gonna charge me 31,000 which is about right for gms and rebate. I'm glad I didn't drive the 6 hours to get there! :chevy:

Archived