New 03 SS for a little over $20,000!

SilveradoSS04

Great for you if you really can get it for that price. :rolleyes:

But bad for us owners because that means ours are worthless.

Scary isn't , I grabbed the auto locator around here and i found an 03 SS demo with 4500 miles for a little over 27k, also another 03 with 16000 miles for around 27k too. that means that the poor guy took a nasty beating trading The SS. Wonderin what is the trading value on them right now. going to kbb to find out. By the way if you get it for that price, you just won the lotto. :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, haven't checked this thread for a long time. I'm pretty sure it was River Side. I can't believe i was so gullible, although-it's pretty easy when someone will basically lie to your face! For the ones who give them trouble, thanks :D Once I pay my Z71 down a little more, I should have my silverado SS. Untill then, I'll have fun in the Impala SS! :chevy:

I'm in south western Oklahoma, and bought my truck in Chickasha. Sticker was 40,210.00, I got 500.00 dealer discount, 1500.00 brand loyalty discount, and had around 2000.00 off due to my GM card rebate. All of this came off of my dealers invoice price of 35,550.00 after destination charges etc... I was at 32,000.00, but then I gave him 1995.00 back for the 7 year 70,000 mile warranty. Oh yeah, I also got tag tax and title. And the icing on the cake was 0.0% financing for 60 months. I had been saving my rebate points since 1991, which was the last time I bought a new truck. I think I came out alright! I love the SS :cheers:

Hey, I've struck gold! I found a dealership that's listing an 03 black silverado SS for $28,100. They're also willing to give me my GMS rebate, on top of a $3500 dollar rebate!! That put's my final price just a little over $20,000!! For all of those ford harley and lightning owners, along with hemi owners-who got the best deal?

1 more point for the SS owners! :chevy:

Well good deal for whoever buys it.

However Reason for cheap price is they are depreciating :fume: like nothing else out there, quicker than a Daewoo as I found out :( .

In Canada listed for $54,800.00, now worth $32,000, a good chance I paid $44,000, but still losing a whopping 12K for only 6 months use. :sick: and almost 25K from sticker. Better keep em boys as they are worthless once on the street.

I bought mine to tow my Fifth wheel with class, but only to find that I have been taken for a ride.

Dealer and salesman said yahh sure you can tow 7,500 lbs with the SS, no problem you've got a lot a room your trailer only weighs 5,400 lbs.

Now I find out and told that I cannot pull a Fifth Wheel with the SS, to say I am pissed off would be a huge understatement, I'm livid :fume::fume::fume: .

I'm totally depressed...

Dr Mike :nonod:

No the Trailer weighs 5,400lbs.

GM advised me they if see any signs of holes drilled in box and they will void warranty. :fume: Pretty hard to cammouflage a couple dozen large holes, especially if truck breaks while travelling...

Guess I'm going to have to swallow my pride(and throw 12k in the garbage).

Not at all a Happy Camper :(

Dr Mike :shakehead:

Man, Mike that is tuff. People put fifth wheel hitches in their trucks all of the time. I would check with another dealer about that info. Maybe they just want to sell you their hitch!

Ask an attorney before you pass judgement on the SS. They are great trucks, and very capable of pulling your fifth wheel. Heck, that's what trucks are made for! :nonod:

No the Trailer weighs 5,400lbs.

GM advised me they if see any signs of holes drilled in box and they will void warranty. :fume:  Pretty hard to cammouflage a couple dozen large holes, especially if truck breaks while travelling...

Guess I'm going to have to swallow my pride(and throw 12k in the garbage).

Not at all a Happy Camper :(

Dr Mike :shakehead:

Just what reason did they give you for threatening to void your warranty ?

Your owner's manual actually states that you can't tow using a fifth wheel.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.  Put the hitch on and use it.  5400lbs is nothing. JMO.

Aren't these statements a little contradictory? The towing rating is not the same for a fifth wheel hitch as it is for a standard hitch because of the placement of the tongue weight.

Dr.Mike, you need to talk to someone in the commercial truck department at your local dealer. (Actually you should have done it before you bought the truck) They are the ones who can explain why you should not tow a fifth wheel trailer with a 1500 series truck..not a Chevy, Ford or a Dodge. The trucks are not made to carry the weight. It's unfortunate you got the incorrect information when purchasing the truck.

As far as just doing it and not worrying about it...maybe you need to askBen if he is going to pay any damages not covered under you warranty and if he is going to explain to your insurance company why you crashed with a truck not properly rated to do the tasks you were performing when the accident happened.

This type of posting is irresponsible and should not be taken seriously.

Your owner's manual actually states that you can't tow using a fifth wheel.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.  Put the hitch on and use it.  5400lbs is nothing. JMO.

Aren't these statements a little contradictory? The towing rating is not the same for a fifth wheel hitch as it is for a standard hitch because of the placement of the tongue weight.

Dr.Mike, you need to talk to someone in the commercial truck department at your local dealer. (Actually you should have done it before you bought the truck) They are the ones who can explain why you should not tow a fifth wheel trailer with a 1500 series truck..not a Chevy, Ford or a Dodge. The trucks are not made to carry the weight. It's unfortunate you got the incorrect information when purchasing the truck.

As far as just doing it and not worrying about it...maybe you need to askBen if he is going to pay any damages not covered under you warranty and if he is going to explain to your insurance company why you crashed with a truck not properly rated to do the taks you were performing when the accident happened.

This type of posting is irresponsible and should not be taken seriously.

Generally, anything preceeding MO, like IMO, JMO, means something dealing with an opinion, nothing more. So for those examples that would be "in my opinion" and "just my opinion". People use those when "they" have the feeling and not anyone else necessarily, or not trying to change someones opinion based on knowledge or expertise.

I did say, JMO, or just my opinion.

Appreciate you keeping things honest and "informative" :thumbs:

Archived