difference between tunes

BlackSS04

Hey Jimp, welcome to the site! It's nice to have another WA member. :cheers: Justin is very knowledgeable about tuning- he knows his

stuff! There is another guy in Monroe, named Ellis. He doesn't use EFIlive, but is pretty good with tuning, transmissions and installations and rebuilds of other performance mods- his shop is Speed Secrets. He is on LS1tech in the Northwest forum (screen name 2fast4LV). Also, a guy in Portland is very good- his name is TJwong. I know there are some other performance shops in Spokane, but can't think of them off the top of my head. Good Luck!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I understood.

I was there this past Saturday (as was Mr. P) for the EFILive course. Arvil (one of the owners) is a real nice guy and very knowledgable. He'll be able to set you up quite well.

Justin

I remember seeing a couple of you guys here this past saturday. Im new to the site but i got wind from a guy earlier today that there was some chatter about us on this website. We appreciate all the kind words fellas, look forward to tuning yall's trucks!

-Marcus

I remember seeing a couple of you guys here this past saturday. Im new to the site but i got wind from a guy earlier today that there was some chatter about us on this website. We appreciate all the kind words fellas, look forward to tuning yall's trucks!

-Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Unfortunately, I don't believe I met you on Saturday, just Arvil and Chris. I enjoyed my time there and thank you all for allowing me to come and present to everyone. If you happened to catch any of the course, I hope that it was informative.

Justin

-Marcus

I'm guessing you're with Extreme motorsports? I may have to check you guys out, as I'm not that far away.

Btw, I had a 70 GTO that I was doing into a Judge clone. Sold it about 2 years ago. :cry: Now I want another one.

I haven't heard of Trifecta, and thus, don't know what type of work they do. As far as your area, the closest shop that I KNOW personally of is Dyno Authority in Redmond. They will periodically host EFI 101 and EFI Advanced tuning courses there, and as such, the owner is a very knowledgable guy. He does focus more on stand-alone ECUs and whatnot, so he is still a bit new at the GM tuning, but could definitely get you some more power out of that thing on the dyno.

Otherwise, you are looking at getting a mail order tune from someone else. PM me if you'd like more feedback on that option.

Thanks

Justin

:thumbs: Thanks Justin! I will PM you for more info.

Hey FoxySS!! Thanks for the welcome. :cheers: That's a badass lookin truck plus all the goodies to go with it! :thumbs: Question....Since you lowered your truck, did you put on different front and rear swaybars?? If so did it make a difference?? I am looking to upgrade the swaybars to reduce the body lean.

P.S If you think of the Speed shops in Spokane, WA that I could go to let me know. I went looking today and did not find much yet. Thanks again.

Because Charlie is actually doing his job.

As Bryan Herter is no longer a paying vendor here at SSS.com I will go public and recommend AGAINST his work; I was very upset to finally see (with EFILive) the product I purchased from him, my truck has been in serious knock retard for the last two years straight.

Saturday I attended the EFILive class in at Xtreme Horsepower and let me tell you it was enlightening on the world of the professional tuner. There is little-to-no best practices in this industry, every individual tuner has their own "method" and some really know what goes on inside an internal combustion engine and others just take their best guesses combined with a little luck and prayer nothing blows-up. Also, there are some tuners that get the performance spot-on but their economy isn't great... it's still buyer beware but now a few really talented guys are starting to come to the surface in this emerging industry.

Mr. P.

havent i been saying this for awhile now. i swear he has no idea what he is doing with these new motors besides taken ppls money

Hi Marcus,

Unfortunately, I don't believe I met you on Saturday, just Arvil and Chris. I enjoyed my time there and thank you all for allowing me to come and present to everyone. If you happened to catch any of the course, I hope that it was informative.

Justin

Yah i was outside all day in the shop workin on a set of heads. And catching customers that came through. So i didnt get to sit in, i did however catch an interesting piece on the Allison transmission. You were answering a guys queston. I must say that Arvil was very impressed after you left, i know he mentioned how good you were several times.

[i'm guessing you're with Extreme motorsports? I may have to check you guys out, as I'm not that far away.

] Its Xtreme Horsepower, we are in North Richland Hills. Come by and see me, always fun to meet new fellas. Especially since i love th TBSS and SSS's!

-Marcus

Jimp, I believe this thread talks about shops in the Spokane area. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695813

As far as swaybars go, no I have not upgraded those- YET. I would like to upgrade those, but I can only do so much at a time. From what I here though, everybody that's installed the Hotchkis bars loves them.

so yah i put the stock tune back in the truck and the fan doesnt even come on at all which is good. put the pcmforless one back in to see if it would reset it self and not copme back on but sure enough 1 miles down the road it comes back on. any ideas or anyone know someone around the salisbury, md area who could look at it or re tune me maybe?

Hey Jimp, welcome to the site! It's nice to have another WA member. :cheers: Justin is very knowledgeable about tuning- he knows his

stuff! There is another guy in Monroe, named Ellis. He doesn't use EFIlive, but is pretty good with tuning, transmissions and installations and rebuilds of other performance mods- his shop is Speed Secrets. He is on LS1tech in the Northwest forum (screen name 2fast4LV). Also, a guy in Portland is very good- his name is TJwong. I know there are some other performance shops in Spokane, but can't think of them off the top of my head. Good Luck!

Would you happen to know how to get in touch with TJwong, it sure would be nice to deal with someone local.

Thanks,

Corey

Update - took a good hard look at the 3 runs I made Friday night at Denton – the truck ran 9.279 @ 75.30, doing the DA correction to compare against the runs made in February on the PCMForLess tune the truck is certainly quicker, I’m not exactly sure by how much but IMO just over a tenth in the 1/8-mile and it’s all top-end improvement as my 60’ was 0.15 slower on Friday than my last runs in February… I’m going to start a spreadsheet to track all this data.

Mr. P.