T-56 Pics

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No freakin way... I can't belive it turned out so beautifully for you!!! How about some pictures of the pedals? I'm particularly interested in how you mounted the clutch pedal and the resevoir...

If you don't mind me asking, how much did this cost you overall (for all the pieces)? And how natural does it feel in the truck?

it cost alot, mainly because i used all new parts. the tranny was like $2600 @ cost (fully assymbled, everything minus slave). the clutch, pressure plate, and slave cylinder were like $400 together, and then prob another $700+ in misc parts.

the clutch pedal is out of a 5 speed silverado. its currently not to my liking, and im making an adjustable master cylinder this week. unfortunatly the pedals dont sit even with each other (brake and clutch). i used the stock brake pedal and cut it, put the smaller pad on it. but turns out the manual brake pedal is bent differently, so i just ordered one today. ill get some pics right now, but remember its just temporary. the truck actually feels like a car now, very natural with the stick. the truck is simply a monster now :devil:

looks like yoru shifter does the same as mine. tilts forward and back alittle to much. ive been thinking of triming mine down some more then i already have. but i might wait till i get another shifter to do that. im wanting a hurst pro billet instead of my standard hurst.

what shifter was that again? didnt you say steeda? also what knob is that? im using a factory leather hurst knob. and that leather booty of yours looks like it has more material then the fbody booty does like the one i have

looks like yoru shifter does the same as mine. tilts forward and back alittle to much. ive been thinking of triming mine down some more then i already have. but i might wait till i get another shifter to do that. im wanting a hurst pro billet instead of my standard hurst.

what shifter was that again? didnt you say steeda? also what knob is that? im using a factory leather hurst knob. and that leather booty of yours looks like it has more material then the fbody booty does like the one i have

what do you mean by tilting forward and back too much?

i have the stock SSR short throw shifter, with the SSR's shifter pad which is raised about 2 inches. so my shifter is about 2 inches higher than an f body to begin with. i bought the steeda kit, but i didnt realize the SSR shifter pad was higher, and i have to use the stock shifter. but i am using the steeda shifter rod, it works great with a little fabbing :) its a momo knob and momo boot