T-56 Pics

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the clutch from the SSR too or did you do something different? Did you ever look into the 06-07 zo6 clutch?

Is the clutch from the SSR too or did you do something different? Did you ever look into the 06-07 zo6 clutch?

oh, by the way. VERY NICE!

Everyone that wishes the factory had done this from the start, raise your hand......

*raises hand* Ooo Ooo, over here, Mr. Kotter, Mr. Kotter, pick me pick me!!! :seeya:

I've got to ask though, why didn't you go with a better clutch if indeed you did use an SSR clutch? There are several aftermarket F body clutches that give close to stock feel and MUCH better holding power. Being a hydro-slave configuration, it's not like the old school days where an aftermarket clutch would put your left leg to sleep in traffic...

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

yes it is an SSR clutch. i used it because i wasnt sure if an aftermarket clutch would fit, and now i know for sure. the SSR T-56 is a tough mother f'er, much stronger than the f-body trannys. it had a 32 spline output shaft, and i figured it would have a different input shaft, which it does. so a z06/f-body spec wont fit. and no one makes any aftermarket SSR clutches. but IMO its worth it. im not gunna be doing any 4k launches with this clutch, but thats not my style anyways. it holds fine so far, and it even tows 4k lbs + 600lbs payload with ease, no slip. and when i say this, i mean i dont exactly go easy when towing. it was a complete mystery doing the ssr trans, but IMO it was well worth it. and to answer your question above..... i dont plan on ever having to fix the tranny (clutch is prob gunna be a yearly replacement tho :mad: )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks nice. Ive been trying to figure out a way to getter better gas mileage on my SS. Just wonder how ell the clutch will hold with that heavy of a vehicle. Any idea what the stock weight of a SSR is? And with a T56 what its rated to tow? Do you happen to know how long the SSR T56 is? Just wondering if there is enough room that it could work with a AWD since a T56 is longer than a 4L60E.

That is soooo freakin sweet I don't even know where to begin...... I have dreamed about doing this since the dealership told me the only way to get a standard is to order it :banghead:

At least I know now that it can be done!! Keep us updated on the clutch, that would be the only pain in the ass, if you have to replace yearly like you said. How many miles do you expect that to be? a year for me is about 35K :shakehead:

actually i replaced it today.... it only went 2k miles and those 2k miles were all slipping. the clutch i pulled out today looks about like 50-60k miles of wear on a vette. there is nearly no material left on it. unfortunately when i was pulling out of the shop, my clutch slave exploded... so i gotta tear it all down again tomorrow and hope i can get it working

if you build a t56 it can handle some big power but it wont be cheap at all. as for awd and a t 56 that wont happen since no one makes an adaptor for the xfer case. if it was possible i would most definatley look into it.