First 10 second SSS

zanis520

Guys, the truck is full weight and has everything. Still AWD too. We are only running 10psi and the 7.35 was only leaving with 3psi. We have since done a couple of things, but naturally, there are a few issues. We pulled the trans; still a 4L65, to go with better 3,4 clutches. We went through the trans, but 3rd gear was trying to give up. At the same time, we had Vigalante restall the converter. Got it back in and stalled to 7psi and broke the output shaft in half sitting still. Now we have a billet shaft and will try again.

We are trying to stick with the 65 if possible.

Not sure who it is, but the fastest I can find is 11.22. I guessing with the 7.35, we are around 11.4 in the 1/4. If we can leave with a little more boost, we may get there. Love to be in the 6's and 10's, but the last few 1/10th's can be tough. My biggest worry is the trans.

For those who are curious, here is the set up.

HKE 408, Patriot stgIII heads, TRT custom grind cam, 3200 Vigalante, built 4l65, 4:10s, stock SS wheels, STS turbo with T-70, TRT custom fmic, '05 e-fans, tuned by Dustin @ TRT, dual intank Walbros, 60lb Mototrons.

When we get it to the track, we will have some video.

Billy @ TRT

yeah your right on the fastest et so far. i just hope someone beats it if i dont. id like to be the first 10 sec ond ss but hey my goal is just getting it to run 10's if i accomplish that ill be very happy. my worry is also the 4l65 i know we are all pushing them to the limits.

good luck on your quest to 10's when are you taking it out?

btw kelly bigg cubes arent always needed but they definatly help . but higher torque will also kill a 65e alot faster. thats the only reason i didnt do a 408.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hell..... somebody buy me some slicks and go fill my nitrous bottle up and you can have ur damn 10s...... i never saw the point of breaking my truck just to try and prove something. which is exactly why i have never used my installed throttle plate wet n20 system. :D (may need it for chase :jester: ) or if you dont want to do it on the juiice, ill get the 122 earleir.

but i agree with everyone above. its easy to throw a large displacement motor in and truck and boost the hell out of it. thats a winning combo in ANYTHING :rolleyes:

10psi is not "boosting the hell out of it". There is much more in the motor. :thumbs:

04CHASE, the trans is ready to go back in, so hopefully pretty quick. We are going to change the pinion angle a little too. The owner is anxious to take it out again.

10psi is not "boosting the hell out of it". There is much more in the motor. :thumbs:

that 10 lbs didnt get you into the 10s yet, and it takes quite alot of air to move to get 10lbs on a 408. thats why i didnt do a stroker, cant afford a blower and engine at the same time, and my 112 wouldnt make more than 5-6 lbs on it. ah i shoulda gone turbo...........

the 11.22 truck is with 12psi and a 75shot. We would easily be there at 12psi w/o the N20.

There is more in it with 10psi, so we will stay there and see how it does.

with the t 70 turbo wouldnt it be running out of steam at 14-15 psi on a 408? thats alot of boost on a big motor like that.

the t-70 is too small, but the customer is financially limited. The stock 6.0 went and he had a 60-1. We did the motor and the 70 was all he could do at the time. I dont ever see us running 15psi without going 4L80. That too is an expensive upgrade that he really doesnt want to do. He wants to see what we can do at this level or maybe 12psi and thats it.

I couldn't agree more. I like to see the SSS's go fast with big HP. Kind of like seeing what will break and what will last. R&D from the grandstands!

There is a big difference on a street truck going 10's and a strip truck going 10's though. I will bet that I could get my truck in the 10's without adding anymore power. It will not be a street truck at all but will be fast. By gutting the interior, going lexan, dumping non-essential components (A/C, ABS, PS, large gas tank, wipers etc.) and going to 2wd with slicks and skinnies, I guarantee that I can cut 1,000 lbs out of my truck and roll a 10.99 ET.

Is this truck an honest street truck? If so, AWESOME :cheers:

take the bed off too and you might see 9"S LOL

The closest thing to a 10 second SSS is probably Kurt's truck as far as I know. If he were to take his back out to the track again, and get it to hook coming out, 10's wouldn't be a problem for his. Hopefully Berzerker will pull that off too.

hey trtturbo hey whats up yea im just in love with the blue ss yall have in the shop and i dont know if i told yall yet but yall r going to have to super sports trying for the 10s well i gotta get my truck runnin first but ill gonna try be right behind the blue one :cheers:

The motor will have PLENTY to spin the f1R. It has allready been dyno proven with out the blower. We will see how it pans out.. Waiting for Cometic gaskets. And my Shaft mount rockers. Also, I know that the blower would prob. take about 250 hp just to turn over... But thats ok..... Thats what the Big cubes/big heads/ good convertor are for. Plus a little giggle spray for launching.

This has been an interesting thread and it's making me itch for my boost. I'm getting a custom T76 turbo setup w/ dual intake fuel pumps, 60lb injectors, and some other necessary stuff. Tranny will hopefully be shipping to Rossler this week and the Vig is gonna get restalled too.

It's going to be fun.