Vette City SS Meet

Just to let those interested know I will be talking to the Vette Museum next week about setting the dates for our 2nd meet. I had hoped to see them this week but our wires got crossed and I am going to the mountains tomorrow. Hopefully I will be getting the info by next week. Thanks Jim

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let those interested know I will be talking to the Vette Museum next week about setting the dates for our 2nd meet. I had hoped to see them this week but our wires got crossed and I am going to the mountains tomorrow. Hopefully I will be getting the info by next week. Thanks Jim

sounds good. Just let me know when. I've posted on other forums about the meet and people are interested.

Thanks, Jeremy

please get the dates ASAP so I can get the day off. Ive never been to a SSS Event...what goes on? sorry for sounding like a NEWB haha

Last year they went to the corvette musem and plant tour. Then hit the track on sunday I believe(that's the only part I attended). It was fun to meet people from the site. We had one SS member from FL. attend.

Just talked to the museum I am going to meet thursday with them to set the dates, I told her I was leaning toward August sometime. I know we can't have the last weekend and I don't want to have it when Beech Bend is having the magazine in. I still have to get a hold of Beech Bend, I don't know if we can do like we did last yr or I know he offered like a couple of thou (not sure exact amount) to have the track to ourselves. I know we didn't have enough participation to do that, we would have had to pay like around a $100.00 a piece. Hopefully I will have more info by Friday. I am open for new ideas this year from anyone who came last year as what to do different. I can also check into touring the Corvette Plant again on the friday, Last year it was just me and Taws04SS. Let me know.

Just talked to the museum I am going to meet thursday with them to set the dates, I told her I was leaning toward August sometime. I know we can't have the last weekend and I don't want to have it when Beech Bend is having the magazine in. I still have to get a hold of Beech Bend, I don't know if we can do like we did last yr or I know he offered like a couple of thou (not sure exact amount) to have the track to ourselves. I know we didn't have enough participation to do that, we would have had to pay like around a $100.00 a piece. Hopefully I will have more info by Friday. I am open for new ideas this year from anyone who came last year as what to do different. I can also check into touring the Corvette Plant again on the friday, Last year it was just me and Taws04SS. Let me know.

Keep up the good work. I'll post the info on other sites. Roger would probably be at the track again(two tone silverado supercharged). Maybe he'll be running the 1/4 in the 11 sec range by then. Any idea on the total cost of the track if we did rent it or whatever?

Thanks, JEremy

Hello Jim, unfortunately I will not be able to attend. Once I retired from the Army in March 2007, I started my Ph.D in Organization Management-Leadership, when my wife returned from Iraq in NOV 06 (and highly publicized for Thanksgiving) I have been pretty swamped with family stuff and college since then.

She is being relocated to FT Hood, Texas (Central Texas) and we will be leaving in the next couple of weeks. Last years meet was my first and it was great. Wished I could have tested the stock truck (albeit, Volant CAI and Corsa exhaust) on the track. We might be able to go up their for the weekend, before we leave so you could meet the wife and child (remember the one that had thought your oldest (8 yr old) was cute?) She to this day has never lived it down-I love it!

PM me. She would like to meet some of my SS buddies, yes nearly a year later.

Mark

Just got back from the museum and I have either Aug 18-19 or 25-26. I still have to try to get a hold of the track but I neeed to know which weekend is best for eveyone. Let me know soon. Thanks Jim. RembaSS 1SG, Sorry to hear you can't make it, I"ll have to tell Ryan that your daughter can't make it, I'm sure he will be dissapointed.

how much interest do you have so far?

Looks like you and SSThunder (lol), I hope it will be more than that. I will need to know for sure soon so I can see about getting badges made like last yr, if everyone wants them they are $8.00 and I will have our names on them with the website logo and list of events. They also come with a lanyard. This yr though I will need money upfront I got screwed by a couple of guys last yr. I'm leaning toward the 17-19th weekend but I need to know what the interest is of anyone wanting to tour the Corvette Plant on friday or just have the meet on saturday. I will want to set the date for sure by at least next wednesday to give everyone time to try to get off for it. So lets get rollin Thanks Jim