Warranty&recall

6mon ago................. :ughdance: 10k on the truck and the first oil spot on the drive way, not oil but trans fluid!!!!!!!!After talking to three dealers and finally found one that would look at it same day(thanks markchristopher chevrolet) got the leak checked out. After 3 days got the truck back, they found the front pump on the trans leaking through the aluminum casting, and so it begins.................... :banghead: I gone through warranty nightmares with my long forgotten 02vw jetta, never buy another vw for as long as i live! So what has happened to you?

:confused: Maybe I mis-read something here, but I'm lost. What r u asking us? I can tell u that it is NOT abnormal for a dealership to require an appointment for that type of a warranty concern..... It's cool u found 1 that could at least check it out right away for u. :cool:

and so it begins.................... :banghead:

:confused: what are you saying here? You had a leak that has already been fixed under warranty. If you keep a negative attitude like this, everytime you go to the dealer it will be a nightmare. You make it sound like this small leak is the start of many problems, don't be such a sceptic........

I gone through warranty nightmares..............So what has happened to you?

Nothing yet and hopefully it will stay that way. :chevy:

dealership service is totally hit and miss but you tend to get better service from the purchase place

I guess i was asking what warranty problems have other ran into or issues I should look out for.

sorry for the mis lead but my attitude toward chevrolet is good, no problems since! if i wanted problems i would have bought a ford!

So far nothing major. I've had the driver's side sill plate replaced because it cracked when I stepped on it, the factory A/C controls replaced when the one of the lights in it quit working, and now I think I have to go back to have the head unit replaced because a light in it has quit working.

Also, has anyone noticed if their gas guage is dimmer that the other three surrounding it (not sure if there's a light out in the dash or not)?

EDIT - Now I have to go in to get the gauge cluster replaced and the factory head unit replaced. Both of these had lights go out in them and need to be replaced. Luckily this is all still under warranty. Unfortunately I only have about 4000 miles left on the warranty.

Edited by 6.0sleeperVHO (see edit history)

I've had my lower leather seat bottom replaced (cut and split by side shield), the left rear door panel replaced (warped on back edge & squeeked BADLY), Int. steering staft replaced (rattled), both A/C elec. actuator motors (no MAX A/C on "Auto" setting), power mirror/seat module replaced (Rt.mirror became inop.), and hood replace cable was alos replaced (platic handle inside broke loss from mount)... :rolleyes:

No problems here. As far as warranty issues go my local dealer, that is hated by most people, treats me great, then again I've purchased my last 4 vehicles from them. On my 2004 Monte Carlo SS I had the head unit replaced because it wouldnt give back a CD and I also had the instrument cluster replaced because the gauges were acting strange, both under warranty.

my problem is the gm toolbox. I have a side toolbox for my rail system in the bed. It leaks...and this is my second one. Not only does it leak but it hold the water very well :P. Which defeats the purpose of having a toolbox and the damn rail system :wtf:

• 3 weeks later...

When I changed my oil for the first time a noticed a tranny leak; it was dripping on to a cross member. I took it to the dealership, and the tranny expert couldn't find the leak. I took it back and told them that if their expert couldn't find it this time put it up on the lift and I would be glad to point it out. They found it; it was a bad gasket on the transfer case. I wish they would of found it the first time. Good customer service just need better mechanics.

• 5 months later...

My only problem with the truck was a shorted wire leading to the passenger side electrical equipment. Fishing opener: dropped the boats in the water, started drinking...couldn't roll up the passenger window. Not a huge deal but it rained quite a bit that weekend and the closest dealership to the resort hadn't even seen the 07's yet. It ended up being a pinched wire behind the parking brake release, probably just a fluke thing, truck's been perfect ever since.

Now as for the Cargo Management System and the toolboxes? I'd like to find the monkey that designed that system and beat the life out of him. First of all, as 4banged mentioned, the toolboxes leak from the top, which basically makes them worthless unless you want to haul water. And the moveable tie-down brackets? They're on the same rail as the toolboxes, meaning you'd better hope they're positioned right where you need them or you get to take your toolbox off just to slide one down. But the thing that really gets me mad is the large sliding toolbox. I thought with a sliding system it would be easy to remove the big toolbox when I need to use the whole bed for other cargo, this is not the case. All that being said, I think the system is a great idea, they just need to make it more versatile or at least weatherproof.