Won't idle?!?!

SS Option

Well I took out the battery to get my other truck started. Put it back in and now it wont idle right. It will die when I came to a stop and idle at like around 450-500 rpm and will flucuate. But it will drive down the highway fine, took a 20 min drive. Does the PCM need to "relearn" its parameters? Superchip tune and no codes have been thrown.

It is to the point that I can't eat I am that worried about it.

TIA

-CL

Edited by SS Option (see edit history)

Not sure. Thats almost what I sounds like. Drive it around tomorrow some and see what happens I would say after a day if its still doing it then be worried. Maybe while your at home just start and let it run for a little bit even it sounds like its gonna die just give it a chance itll come around.

I've heard of something similar to this, a kid i know had a Superchips tune in his z71 GMC Sierra, and the same thing happened, except i dont think he took his battery out. the superchips tune messed up, and the truck ran like poo... I'd try setting the tune back to stock to see if it makes a difference :)

• 3 weeks later...

i had a 2003 silverado and did the same thing when the battery went dead from running a stero to long.. what happens since we have no distributer cap to turn there is a electrnic cam sensor that tells which cylinder to fire and what order, i had taken mine in for some thing else and they saw what it was doing and hooked up there little tell rale computer and they reset the parameters.. it was dieing at stops and idling bad. my SS that just got is doing the same thing, so its into the shop wednesday. i will let you know what they find.. 80% of time you drive it and it fixes itself..