Check Engine Light

Plwtwo

Has anyone had problems with their check engine light coming on after mods? Mine has came on with a Mass Air Meter, and then again with the addition of Corsa Exhaust!!!! The codes are reading Bank 1 and Bank 2 Lean, usually both but once just Bank 1???????????? Of corse Kenne Bell says its not their program and I along with a certified mechanic can't find any vaccum leaks.....so

I reinstalled the Factory exhaust and so far no codes.....I removed the aftermarket mass Air and that code cleared itself. So I'm back to factory exhaust and Mass Air!!!!!!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

sounds to me like the program is lean. you may want to re-install the cat back without the different m.a.f. and see if it is on or install both and put a couple hundred miles on them. my first guess is the programming is too lean though.

Has anyone had problems with their check engine light coming on after mods?  Mine has came on with a Mass Air Meter, and then again with the addition of Corsa Exhaust!!!!  The codes are reading Bank 1 and Bank 2 Lean, usually both but once just Bank 1????????????   Of corse Kenne Bell says its not their program and I along with a certified mechanic can't find any vaccum leaks.....so

I reinstalled the Factory exhaust and so far no codes.....I removed the aftermarket mass Air and that code cleared itself.  So I'm back to factory exhaust and Mass Air!!!!!!

:confused:  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:

Did the KB come with an in-line fuel pump/larger injecters to add in?

Kenne Bell programming is crap! I had problems with their programming on my sehicle as well. Get LS1 edit or a custom tune from a reputable tuner. I like Kenne Bell Superchargers, but their programming sucks. I was getting all kinds of detonation, one problem being no intercooler and hot weather (note: you could cook an egg on the bad boy in traffic) the other the programming. I removed their program and went back to factory and the vehicle ran fine, then I got a custom tune much more power and ran a 12.1 at 102 ( this vehicle was not an SS ), but the programming issue has long been a problem of theirs. I know 12.1 at only 102? lots of torque! never could get the miles per hour up, probably was a gear issue but didnt keep the vehicle long enough to work it out I was satisfied with the 12.1 .

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like the KB programming is still running rich on the SS's tunes, have someone fattin it up for you, check your ltims, i'm sure they are pretty high, positive. Also, get a reading on your 02's, or with a wideband, your a/f ratio.

Are you getting any KR, a lean condition usually will cause pinging. If you added these mods and the problem started right after, it seems the program is not as forgiving and they just made it too lean, you'll need to have someone richen it up for you.

The leaner you can make an engine run the more horsepower it will produce, but there is a limit, if you go too lean, then you run into problems. Lean is Mean, but there is a limit.

Just from my experience and tuning, blower motors like to be a little bit on the rich side, plus it's safer.

You mentioned you checked for air leaks, just to be sure, check again and also check for false air while you're at it.

If you have access to a shop with one, a smoke machine is the best way to check for leaks.

good luck, hope you get it fixed,

allen

Go to Autozone. They have a reader and will check it and clear it for you - no charge.

I went to Autozone, it was the two rear o2 sensors, is this because of the longtube headers and high flow cats? Do the make o2 sensors that will read a higher level so the check engine light doesn't keep coming on??

Thanks for the help..

Bill-03-SD

I would say get some kind of logging software and see what they are doing. EASE or Autotap is good. Having said that, I have EASE and EFILive and I can look at my 02s, but would need someone else to tell me what they're doing. I'm still learning myself.

I would say get some kind of logging software and see what they are doing. EASE or Autotap is good. Having said that, I have EASE and EFILive and I can look at my 02s, but would need someone else to tell me what they're doing. I'm still learning myself.

Thanks I will have to do something. Drove back to work with no problems, on the way home from work tonight the damn SES light came back on. I will have to figure out something. :nonod::sigh:

On the bright side when I pulled into my drive way the UPS guy was there dropping off my Corsa cat back. Now I have some more wrenching to do. lol

Bill-03-SD

Archived