My oddyssey with the grinding noise in front end

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

parker 8

your 40-60 mph noise at constant speed i had the same thing. sounds like

a pinun bearing bad? wineing sound?

mine was in the frount diff. .. BAD TOOLING is what thay said was wrong.

so thay swaped my frount diff with the gm reps. he also has a 03 ss

i have a little noise left becouse thay put the old shafts back in not the replacement

ones

mine made noise from day 1 with 50 miles on it

good luck

parker 8

your 40-60 mph noise at constant speed i had the same thing. sounds like

a pinun bearing bad? wineing sound?

mine was in the frount diff. .. BAD TOOLING is what thay said was wrong.

so thay swaped my frount diff with the gm reps. he also has a 03 ss

i have a little noise left becouse thay put the old shafts back in not the replacement

ones

mine made noise from day 1 with 50 miles on it

good luck

Are there supposed to be a replacement shaft?

a1cmaw - let me know if there's anything I can do also. City Chevrolet said their new SS did the same thing as mine so...

69ttop502- i mean that i won't do any research or anything of the sorts to find out who to send complaints and what not to; however, if someone produces a point of contact with an address and what the letter needs to say, i will do that. know what i mean?

This post (I believe) is mixing up two different problems. One the the 40-50 MPH noise and the other is a different noise coming in a slow speeds with the wheels turned. I ve heard both of them and they are two different things.

Wow, the day after I filed my BBB claim I got another call from GM. Now they seem like they really want to help me. My truck is already scheduled to go back to the dealer tomorrow so they can investigate the noise further. I think it is funny that there was no help at all until I put in a claim with the BBB. Well, I will let you guys know what happens.

Rick

Well, it continues. While pulling my truck out of the garage I noticed oil on the ground right under the front differential. Upon closer inspection it was definitely gear oil. I took my truck in yesterday and was told today they need it until Monday. They are replacing some seals they say is unrelated to the work they have already done on the truck to fix this noise. Thankfully I am in a situation right now that I don't NEED the truck but this makes about 12 days now out of service chasing this problem of the noise and related front diff. problems that GM says is normal. Rick, I will be anxiously awaiting your results with the BBB process because I am right behind you. I have had enough with this truck already as much as I love it.

Bill.

Well got my truck back from the service department today. Once again they say it is normal. They are not covering their tracks though. The first time they stated that the noise was, "driveline winding up from big wheels and tires and is normal." This time they stated, "L wheel bearing noise most noticeable." I don't know, but got my BBB claim form in the mail and am filling it out now. PA lemon law states that the law can be enforced if the condition significantly reduces the value of the vehicle. I do not know anyone that will buy my turck with that sound. And would they really believe me if I told them it was normal.

I'll keep you informed

Rick

Archived