Long Tubes?

RacerJJ

I used the link provided to find the ebay item, then searched ebaymotors for "silverado OBX" in title AND discriptions. I believe they had Hummer and something else in the title or something like that, so I had to click the discription button in order to find them. Just be sure you're not bidding on the OBX shorties that are also on ebay!!! EDIT: Here's the auction I won here.

thanks for the link! i ordered a set also. with any luck i will be able to run my mid length down at the track, then take them off and run the OBX long tubes to compare.

Brad

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the new hot rod mag. They engine dynoed the exact same motor thats in the ss and vmax's. It made 366hp and i think 398trq. That was through the stock exhaust and stock tuning. Then they did hp tuners and long tube headers with high flow cats as there first stage of mods and it made +46hp more and +50tq. So the I would headers and tuning is a very storng combo.

Edited by Raced Guy (see edit history)

They also did roller lifters, swapped a car style fast intake which is way to much work and not enough gain and played with throttle bodys after the first header-tune mod. Its really good info since its the same exact motor and there giving real worl hp gains not quoted numbers. I guess next month they will be doing cam and head mods, should be good info for us !!!

Edited by Raced Guy (see edit history)

but they will never rust.

\To clearify something about stainless steel that above staement isnt entirely true. "IF" you scratch any stainless steel with carbon steel that contaminates it and it will rust in that spot.

Will the 05 headers OBX work on my 06?

Silly newbie question, but my new-to me truck has headers installed, although I don't know what brand. How can I tell which brand I have? Will it be immediately obvious if I have long tube or short tube headers? TIA!!

Silly newbie question, but my new-to me truck has headers installed, although I don't know what brand. How can I tell which brand I have? Will it be immediately obvious if I have long tube or short tube headers? TIA!!

the long tubes will go all the way down by the transmission and the shorties will be just before the cats

the long tubes will go all the way down by the transmission and the shorties will be just before the cats
Great--I'll go look as soon as I got off work. Is there any way to tell which brand I have? Thanks!!

The pace setters are not much more money than the shorties out there and the OBX's are only $530 shipped. If you were going to get the dynatechs? then I would say yeah, not worth the gain. $1,500 for 10-20hp...nope. You can buy a cam and pay to have it installed for that.

:withstupid: obx if you want easy install and dont plan on doing more then basic stuff.

pacesetters if you want maximum performance gain and are planning on adding a lot of mods.

RacerJJ,

In my opinion, the OBX are just as good as the dynatechs so I see no reason to pay alot more for used or new when you can have new for $530 and install them yourself. The guy is california, so maybe he will cut you a shipping deal or let you pick them up?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-Headers...1QQcmdZViewItem

:withstupid: obx is the winner hands down, obx makes dynatechs old design for a fraction of the cost. the only advantage the new dynatechs have is not having that odd shaped tube on the drivers side. performance should be identical between the two, now is it worth $800 more for one differnt tube?... i dont think so :crazy:

God, dynatech is really going to hate us when half a dozen or so get them on thetrucks with no issues...I'm sorry, I know people say you get what you pay for, but with no failures of welds on their products (4 or so running them on pt.net for a few months now) and it is pretty much the exact same thing except for the hollow cats and 60% cheaper...how can you NOT buy them?

:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid: exactly!

Just got the new hot rod mag. They engine dynoed the exact same motor thats in the ss and vmax's. It made 366hp and i think 398trq. That was through the stock exhaust and stock tuning. Then they did hp tuners and long tube headers with high flow cats as there first stage of mods and it made +46hp more and +50tq. So the I would headers and tuning is a very storng combo.

that is some good info. :cheers:

hey RacerJJ,

the pacesetter part number is 72c-2265 for the ceramic coated versions.

just put the mid length on the truck and now it runs like crap....so I'll be chasing down that problem. But my OBX long tubes just came in the mail to, so after some track testing on the mids, I'll put the long tubes on.

not to get off topic here, but what track do you run at? i don't live too far from you..

hey, no sh$%, nice to see another WI guy! I run at Great lakes Dragaway. Let me know if you ever want to meet up.

Brad

good deal.. i just moved back to wisconsin not too long ago and i haven't been to that track yet, so we'll definitely have to meet up sometime. another thing we have in common is our names..

brad

EDIT: i take that back, i have been there. just didn't remember the name. i always referred to it as union grove dragway.

Edited by xlr82sxs (see edit history)