Well it finally happened to

well today i went to go pick up my truck after work since i dont keep it at my apartment. pulled it out tried putting on my new led lights and blew about 4 fuses sinc ethe polarity has to be right when you plug them in. well that didnt work so i put the stockers back in. the led lights didnt look good anyway so they need to be smoked. anywho im driving aling about 1/2 mile from my place and all of the sudden VROOOMMM! :crackup: truck felt like it went in to neutral . luckily i had enough speed to make it into a parking lot across the street. so i turned it off and tried all the gears and nothing, no 1,2,3, D , or reverse but park worked. so bust out the AAA card and call for a flat bed. about an hour later he shows up and is loving the truck he had to block off one lane of traffic to get it on the truck and he was very respectful in loading up the truck. I had it towed straight to the toy shop for a diagnoses. its either going to be the converter, the pump or possibly a spun input shaft( unlikly) . the dam tow cost me 200 bucks , i guess i need to upgrade my AAA , i only got 8 miles covered. all in all im not mad at all. i just laughed when it went in to neutral. this trans has lasted me over a year without any problems what so ever and survived about 50 passes down the 1320 behind some decent power. so if it is the stall ill be in the market for something good.

i shoudl know what the problem is by tommorrow if not monday . only thing im kind of upset about is i was going to install my 6 piston baer's this weekend. so much for that.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well honestly at these power levels it is expected. the trans was already fully built so i really cant make it any stronger except a better converter. driving the camaro isnt to bad, i havent driven the truck in two weeks so i wanted to take it out tommorrow .

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

too bad, sorry to hear that.....

i still got three more broken trannies on you :D and more burned up clutches than you could ever imagine :jester::banghead:

well this was my 4th so i think im still ahead of ya. the other were two stock ones and one with servos and a shift kit.

ya i did two stockers, then one with a shift kit and sonnax servos lol...... the last one that was like a FLT V didnt offically break, but it was slipping and there was metal in the fluid; i took it out before it imploded so i could use it later, and what do ya know its prob going into the TBSS lol

Chase-

You need to change your plate to 'BLWNTRNY' now... jk man

I still recall all the posts I was making about your tranny and your plans when you were going to the new motor. I was wondering about the 80e conversion, but you said you would just rebuild it. After all the $$ you spent i think its about that time to finish the project and just go for the 80e or its going to be sitting at the Toy Shop for a long time!

I thought I read something you said that you havent gone WOT yet? The vid I saw in the tunnel sounded like you were on the gas but you said it was only 2nd gear at like 2300 rpms :confused: It sounded pretty mean.. did the tranny break with you not even doing any hard runs?

To be honest, I kinda forgot about your truck as I was reading the post, and I was feeling very sorry for you... that is until I got down to your signature, and then I just laughed.

But seriously, sorry for the bad timing (since you knew it was going to happen). So, what are your plans going to be?

sorry to hear of yer trans probs Chase i know how it feels my truck is now on it's 4th ( but i've only blown one of them) just had it fixed at a of cost $1800 and its suposed to be stronger than before, but i'm thinking of going the 80e route anyone got any prices of trans and kits and whats involved to fit and keep the awd i'd rather get it all so when/if it blows again i can get it fixed quick the truck was off the road for 2 weeks last time and it sucked big time not being able to use it..

eamonn