Well it finally happened to

pi suggested the 10.5 for the power im putting down .

btw i heard they pulled the trans apart and looked at everything else. and what would you expect in a "4l65e" after 50 or so hard passes and countless street beatings??

PERFECT!!!!!! they were surprised how good everything looked. only thing that was not tip top was the 3-4 clutches whihc showed minimal wear. so they will be replaced along with the pump. so its not going to be very expensive for the trans it self .

sorry guys i just dont see the 4l80 worth it , the 1st gear ratio sucks ass and it robbs a good bit more power. and when i run a 10 on a 65e thats all i care about. not to mention even if the trans fails the converter has a 2 year warranty so it will be rebuilt if anything goes wrong. so if i had to get rid of it i could and it would be like new. not to mention i get one free re stall .

like i said the 6l80 will be its only replacement , not only will the trans pick up some et but also be almost bullet proof.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go down to kendalls and see if you can do your brakes while the truck is on the lift... it should only take about an hour or less...

i may do it next week but remember i have stupid mcgoofy spindles so it is going to take some grinding .

Wouldnt a 6l80e be an realllly expensive swap? Can it even be done right now? I ask because dont you need to have a different computer capable of using a 6 speed tranny? i thought i read somewhere that the 6LxxE tranny swaps would be very difficult, if not downright impossible on the old body style silverados?

chase why did you go with the 10.5" and not the 9.5" ?

The 10.5" will handle 3000 rpm stall just fine as well as the power. however it is difficult for the 10.5 to stall any higher than that, at least not consistantly. anything over 3000 rpm and PI goes to the 9.5", which is what I have.

The 10.5" will handle 3000 rpm stall just fine as well as the power. however it is difficult for the 10.5 to stall any higher than that, at least not consistantly. anything over 3000 rpm and PI goes to the 9.5", which is what I have.

The 9.5" is lighter than the 10.5" though so in theory you'd have better acceleration with the smaller one and get the 9.5" to stall at 3k right?

fatigue , over time it will happen and imo this converter isnt what i should have been using. the hard lockups i have commanded arent helping either. but if i dont have them i will throw the p0757 code alot easier. i had plans to upgrade if this happened and it just happened to be that time.

fatigue , over time it will happen and imo this converter isnt what i should have been using. the hard lockups i have commanded arent helping either. but if i dont have them i will throw the p0757 code alot easier. i had plans to upgrade if this happened and it just happened to be that time.

Chase, wat converter failed? Also, I think you should have gone with the 3200 but that's just because that's what I have and I am biased! IMHO, if the 65e blows you should go with an old school 700R4. It'll hold your power but it's only a 4 speed.

Chase, wat converter failed? Also, I think you should have gone with the 3200 but that's just because that's what I have and I am biased! IMHO, if the 65e blows you should go with an old school 700R4. It'll hold your power but it's only a 4 speed.

well any higher of a stall and wheel spin becomes more of a problem even with the drag radials. i could make about 1-2 psi on the launch with the old 2800 so i think the 3k will be perfect, my engine rev's very quick and makes power early , at least my old set up did.

and the 65e is also a 4 speed man so i wouldnt lose much. i may do just that depending on gear ratios and ability to mate up the awd. i will someitme do a major transmission transplant but i wont ditch the awd.

this converter was a tcs 2800 stall but i think this tcs is from canada and not the one in lake havasu.

Do not go with a 700r4! They are almost identical in hard parts as the 4l60\5...... Stop pissing in the wind chase.. You must have a friggen Money tree... anytime you wanna see how bad a 4l80 first gear is ..let me know.. i'd be happy to pull multiple truck lenghts on you. :P..... Call W2W and make it happen..... Thats the only company that will do it.. (unless you have a friend...)

Do not go with a 700r4! They are almost identical in hard parts as the 4l60\5...... Stop pissing in the wind chase.. You must have a friggen Money tree... anytime you wanna see how bad a 4l80 first gear is ..let me know.. i'd be happy to pull multiple truck lenghts on you. :P..... Call W2W and make it happen..... Thats the only company that will do it.. (unless you have a friend...)

my trans shop can do it. but i dont want it. i know the 80 is a proven trans but honestly the first 2 gear ratios suck and its robs a bit more power. not to mention cost, it will almost cost me 6k to convert because of all the new shit i need, driveshafts and all.

i know there is a tbss with some older trans that running some crazy times.

btw i welcome the truck legnths.