Which PROGRAMMER is BEST for the VMAX?

bjdtruck

I need to buy a programmer for my new truck. I want one that can do just about everything. Planning to put on a cat back exhaust, maybe a CAI too. WHo makes the BEST & most USER FRIENDLY Programmer?!? Any part numbers, prices, links to websites, etc. is appreciated!

I had the hand held programmer for my 02 then I went with a custom tuned PCM, Westers, and the difference is like night and day. There is NO COMPARRISON between the 2. When I purchased my 05 VHO my first mod was a Westers PCM, IMHO Lyndon Wester does the best work. Fact He's ONE of the pioneers in the feild. Fact He has done fleet vehicles for GM. Fact He tuned the Presidential motorcade and best of all.. FACT He didnt take someone elses hard work, copy it, make a few minor changes and call it their own work. Yes, his tune may be cost more but IMHO Its worth it.

Now of course, as long as a local tuner knows what he is doing you cant beat a Dyno Tune for getting everything set Just Right the first time.

Bottom line, like was already said above, whoever you go with a CUSTOM TUNE IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO

Edited by Champion201 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
I just ordered a wait4me tune and it should be in this week. I was recommened from another 07 NBS v max. Havent seen any hand helds that can make the proper changes in the NBS yet.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread.....Mark, did you see the post about 9/22? A whole bunch of us will be in upstate NY at Lebannon Valley Dragway for a day of drag racing at the 1/4 mile.......:chevy:

Lebannon Valley Drag Day 9/22

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

I just ordered a wait4me tune and it should be in this week. I was recommened from another 07 NBS v max. Havent seen any hand helds that can make the proper changes in the NBS yet.

Bummer, I was hoping there would be a handheld that could hold a custom tune out soon. Any thoughts on when something like that would be available?

• 4 months later...
all and any programmera are JUNK. . . . .end of story. . . . custom tune all the way from any of the tuners metioned, blackbearperformance, wheatly performance, nelson, westers, wait4me. . . . . . . . . .

HE'S RIGHT JUST ASK JESSE ABOUT THE NBS FROM THIS WEEKEND. IT'S NOT PERFECTED YET BUT +50 HP & +65 FT/LB SHOULD BE WORTH THE WAIT FOR YOU. AND THOSE WOULD BE AT THE WHEELS!!!