Listen to your Doctor

vdrumright

About 5 months ago I had some blood work done and a stress test and echo cardiogram. The stress test and echo cardiogram came back with great results. My blood work came back with high chlosterol.

I didn't pay any attention about the high chlosterol because the other test came back so good.

This last friday at 2:30 in the afternoon I started having chest pains. It kinda felt like bad indigestion. I went to the emergency room at the encouragement of a co-worker.

To make a long story short I just got released from the hospital today. I had a mild heart attack from 90% blockage in one artery and 55% in another. They put a stint in the worst one and I have to have the other one done in three weeks.

I'm 45 years old, consider myself somewhat heathy and go to the gym regularly.

So my advice is to pay attention to your doctor about chlosterol and things like that. I'm lucky that I was able to get imediate treatment for my symptons.

Edited by vdrumright (see edit history)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i could go on for hours on this one... i almost DIED 4 years ago because i procrastinated big time... if i hadnt gone to the doctor when i did, i wouldnt be here... i had kidney failure and didnt even know it...

went it on a monday afternoon for blood work after 2 months of being sick... Doc said he would have the results in 5 days... he called me the next morning and literally said...

I am talking to a dead man... (no bs)

needless to say i was rushed to the hospital and spent 12 days in, most of it in intesnive care... but I learned a lesson...

LIFE is fragile...

best of luck to you bro... i'll throw in an extra prayer for you and your family...

Vince, Glad to hear you're o.k. As you may know, I went through the same thing last January. 100%blockage in one vein and 35% in another. Got a stint in the blocked one and they roto-rooted the other. :D Scared the hell out of me. I didn't ignore doctors advice, I never went in the first place. So, not only should everyone heed the doctors advice, they should also see the doctor once in a while.

Now, take some time off and relax. You work too hard. Get your truck shined up, get Mike to shine up his Grand National and head over to the Birney Park show.

About 5 months ago I had some blood work done and a stress test and echo cardiogram. The stress test and echo cardiogram came back with great results. My blood work came back with high chlosterol.

I didn't pay any attention about the high chlosterol because the other test came back so good.

This last friday at 2:30 in the afternoon I started having chest pains. It kinda felt like bad indigestion. I went to the emergency room at the encouragement of a co-worker.

To make a long story short I just got released from the hospital today. I had a mild heart attack from 90% blockage in one artery and 55% in another. They put a stint in the worst one and I have to have the other one done in three weeks.

I'm 45 years old, consider myself somewhat heathy and go to the gym regularly.

So my advice is to pay attention to your doctor about chlosterol and things like that. I'm lucky that I was able to get imediate treatment for my symptons.

When do you recommend to have a cholesterol test done? Im 19 years old, 165 lbs about 12% body fat do you think I'm heading in the wrong direction??? I work out regularly as well.

and Sorry to hear about that!!! I hope you make a quick and speedy recovery!