Listen to your Doctor

vdrumright

If your ateries are getting closed in ... would you also have high blood pressure? Or are they not that closely related? Also the indegistion feeling, is it high in your chest ( like collar bone area ) or lower or in stomach?

High blood pressure can definately be caused by narrowing of the ateries. I didn't have any indigestion problems. Mine felt like a muscle cramp across my chest and my right elbow and wrist felt numb. It came and went for a few days so I just assumed it was muscle cramps or something. When it got to the point that it didn't let up for like 3 hours straight I gave in and went to the hospital. Doctor said I could have/should have died by waiting so long. Just got VERY lucky.

So if you even think you have symptoms, SEE THE DOCTOR!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If i drink more than 20+ oz of mountain dew I get a little pain under the left collar bone, but my blood pressure is on the low side of normal. I normally don't drink Mt Dew but sometimes it hits the spot. I need to get into the Dr anyways for my back, but I'm skeered to see what the Dr will find :)

I'm skeered to see what the Dr will find :)

that's what has kept me from going at all. I'm 34 and haven't gone since the days of mom taking me to the pediatrician. if I had anything bad, I would just go to the ER. mainly that would be for sprains or when i shattered my ankle. no choice there. my girlfriend started nagging me to go from when we started going out. wouldn't touch me till I had an STD test, so I did that and then made an appt for a complete physical. did that back in May and couldn't get an appt earlier than Dec.

I am nervous as to what they could find, but at the same time, I know that my knees need to be (at least) drained from chronic pain so it will be good to get things officially diagnosed.

I need to get into the Dr anyways for my back, but I'm skeered to see what the Dr will find :)

Once I went to the Dr to get my head examined, and he didn't find anything. :crackup:

But seriously, it is what they have been saying for years:

Don't smoke

Drink in moderation

Keep the weight down

Cut the cholesterol/fats in your diet

Get good cardio excercise

vdrumright - you might be encoraged by this article:

Exercise may generate new blood vessels

VIENNA, Austria - Having a bad heart doesn't mean you can skip exercise, doctors said Wednesday. In fact, it may even help your heart to repair itself.

Dr. Robert Hollriegel found that people with serious heart failure who rode a bike for up to 30 minutes a day for four months produced new stem cells in their bones.

They also had more small blood vessels in their muscles. Those who didn't exercise had no change in their vessels or muscles