Tried not to embarrass a Hemi tonight.

slimsoftball

its cause the word is out that the hemi's are trash, and no one is buying them..lol. Therefore there are none around. I get hemi guys that wanna race and blaa blaa blaa, talk talk and never line up with me, they know they would get smoked. I had a heavy duty 2500 dodge quad door 4x4 with a hemi come up next to me yesterday, he started revving it up, so I laughed at him and left him looking at my tail lights.

I'm surprised Chevy/GM truck owners can hear each other over that loud engine knock noise, enough to have a conversation about us

Also happy gear hunting!

P.S

Knock Knock....

Whose there?

A Chevy Engine of course...

If anyone believes that replacing a engine is easier than replacing some ball joints and some rotors, then that would explain the average intelligence of a chevy buyer without much needed explanation.

And I'm glad some of you had to post on the Dodgedakotas board just to try to get your point across.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey chevy38fan, I have a question. Why does EVERY Hemi owner think their truck is soo bad? They're always sooo cocky about it! I was going to the store today, in the Impala SS. A crew cab 1500 hemi, with 4 guys in it, come flying up beside me, laugh at me, and then take off(took awhile). I got behind them at the next light, when it turned green, as I was spinning, I almost hit them when they take off. Then I slowed down, let them get some distance, then I nailed It and blew by them when I could finally get into the next lane-as I drove by, I shook my head at them. But these guys are in a 16 second truck alone, along with 4 guys in it trying to act tough with his flowmaster exhaust! Almost every single hemi owner I see or see on the internet, talks how their truck is so bad, but yet none can explain why a reg. cab short bed hemi with 3.92's and even 2wd, who is about 600lbs lighter, can't beat a heavier truck with the same horsepower? It's starting to get on my nerves! You aren't TOO bad, but maybe you know why they're so cocky? :chevy:

Wrong. mid 15's to be correct.

Just read the link on the theard I posted.

Its a test by truck trend to see who got the best claim.

Ok, and why didn't the reg cab short bed hemi beat the SS by that same magazine editor? Also, I just got a car and driver (i believe) and it says that the crew cab hemi with 3.92's pulls the quarter at EXACTLY 16.0. :chevy:

they think they are so bad cause they got a HEMI. When I take my truck to the dealer where I bought to get the oil changed (I get 14 free oil changes, might as well use them) everyone starts drooling over my truck. Its pretty funny. I guess the word HEMI just brings back some good memories, though it does tend to inflates one ego by 200% lol.

The drive train of the hemi sucks up quite a bit of horsepower.

also is the ext. cab really 1200 lbs HEAVIER than the reg cab silvy? i doubt it. your truck is probably only 5200 lbs or so.. my truck is probably 5000 lbs and change with me in it.

BUT back to the drive train... The 5-45 RFE tranny eats power, and also the converter eats some power too. there's a new stall converter out there for the hemi that supposedly gains 10-15 RWHP. and about 20 RWTQ.. but I don't have one, so hell if I know. lol.

The hemi does produce 345 HP, as Kenne Bell pulled the engine out before he started playing with it and he dynoed 345 HP. so, its all drivetrain loss.

I just like to piss off you SS guys, like y'all do us HEMI owners ;). I know some of you are faster, but you also have more mods than I do. ;)

I raced a Hemi after one taunted my family and I for about 15 miles on the way home from Wally WOrld.....it had huge duals out the back and was very obnoxious. Instead of putting my family in danger by kicking it at 60 and making a high speed run I waited for a light to do a little 0-70 run. I lanuched this guy so bad I immediately pulled a truck length at the 70 mph mark....about 4-5 truck lengths :seeya:

It was no challenge at all with a bed full of groceries too! :D

Archived