Tried not to embarrass a Hemi tonight.

slimsoftball

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come I never get any HEMI guys that want to race me? I get Corvetts and Vipers, and get my ass handed to me every time, but it's still fun. Although i did race another SS the other day, I beat him, but it just didnt seem as cool as picking on a HEMI would, just to show them what an SS could do. Maybe the're just too scared!

-Matt

its cause the word is out that the hemi's are trash, and no one is buying them..lol. Therefore there are none around. I get hemi guys that wanna race and blaa blaa blaa, talk talk and never line up with me, they know they would get smoked. I had a heavy duty 2500 dodge quad door 4x4 with a hemi come up next to me yesterday, he started revving it up, so I laughed at him and left him looking at my tail lights.

10 truck lenths?

What reason could I possibly have for exaggerating the margin? Yes it was a long ways between lights but it wouldn't have mattered.

Your right Ben, seems like I never run into anything interesting to go light to light with. Mostly ricers and for some reason alot of Mustang GT's. Of course I never really look for a race either. Believe it or not I am pretty easy on the truck most of the time.

I may go on the prowl this Sunday though. I will be in San Antonio on Saturday getting the shift kit/servo and Nelson Performance tune. :thumbs:

Your right Ben, seems like I never run into anything interesting to go light to light with.  Mostly ricers and for some reason alot of Mustang GT's.  Of course I never really look for a race either.  Believe it or not I am pretty easy on the truck most of the time.

Did the TC come in yet?

I think everyone on here needs to get a ride in this truck supercharged to fully understand what it's like. When you go from high 6 down to 4.75 second or so times, it's a HUGE difference. I have video'd my 0-60 times. I know it's not completely accurate on the time and yes, I have a few other things than the Radix. It's a world of difference. See what you guys measure it at, mind you, it's a little crude. This is with Radix, TT2600, shift kit/corvette servo, ASM headers, competition cam, Volant CAI. Slimsoftball has pretty close to the same with the major diff being the lack of the torque converter. Tell for yourself if you think ten lengths is possible.

0-60 vid Actually 0-80, but I was starting to let off some after 60.

Did the TC come in yet?

I called yesterday to see where it was. After a million phone calls and alot of time spent on hold I found out it was delivered while I was gone and after the 3rd time of me not answering the door they returned it to the sender. It is being turned back around.

oh...that sucks. I hate to order stuff that has a long lead time for delivery. That what you get for taking a vacation :P There wasn't any notices on the door? I don't remember having to sign for mine.

I beat a Hemi three times myself on sunday(he wouldn't give up) so I am by no means backing them up. But after reading this tread, I got curious(you know, 2 sides to every story) and went over to dodgetruckword.com to check it out and guess what, there are more than a few Hemi beating SS stories going around over there and with cocky attitudes I might add. Just thought you guys may get a kick out of it. Here is one list of topics over there.

http://dtw.truckmoxie.com/forums/forum.ten?544

Your right Ben, seems like I never run into anything interesting to go light to light with. Mostly ricers and for some reason alot of Mustang GT's. Of course I never really look for a race either. Believe it or not I am pretty easy on the truck most of the time.

The Mustang GT's and ricers are all that want to mess with me. No worthy competers so far.

How come I never get any HEMI guys that want to race me? I get Corvetts and Vipers, and get my ass handed to me every time, but it's still fun. Although i did race another SS the other day, I beat him, but it just didnt seem as cool as picking on a HEMI would, just to show them what an SS could do. Maybe the're just too scared!

-Matt

Iam jealous ! I would love to get a vette to race me . I have tryed several times with no success :wtf:

Archived