Trucks In My Body Shop

kelleyperformance

im sure most of your frequenters know about my accident a few weeks back, when the nero surgon failed to stop and hit me going about 20 mph in a volvo s60.

im just talking cause im bored and cant sleep, but this is some funny/good info:

one of the "safest cars" who hit me, going 20, while i was stopted (foot still on the brakes). i saw it coming too, i always look in my rearview mirror when i have to stop fast, which is rarely. i had no seatbelt on, and the first thing on my mind was "oh sh" BAAAAMMMMM. as soon as i got out, i noticed anti-freeze, refrigerant, and oil on the ground underneath the volvo. he was shaken, but ok. i was fine, but later my back started to hurt (he was a nice guy, wasnt looking for $$, plus i had no seatbelt on). at first, my truck looked fine, just a bumper cover and my rearview camera was ten feet away LOL. long story short:

volvo came out to $14k, needed both front frame rails/engine cradles. it was bad. the guy was like "psh safe my ass". turns out the SS needed an entire bumper assembly, one wheel and tire (24") and both rear cladding kits, a trailer hitch, and of course a backup camera.

SO:

while im at it, i will be sanding and smoothing the front bumper (lots of road damage from HIIIIGH speeds :rolleyes: ), painting it, along with the mirror covers, and fixing a few dents ive had for quite a while. then the hidden hitch and BSER rollpan go on, along with smoked taillights, a new x2000 speedsturr bedcover, and most likely a new exhuast. also going lower another inch, and-anybody got any sugestions? im up for anything, i just wanna make this thing perfect while its all torn apart. pictures coming soon.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shave the tailgate....If you have a hole to burn in your pocket I would mold the roll pan.

Maybe get chrome ducts and emblems. If you want to do interior.....pedals, door handles etc. I wish shopman still did those rear fender covers :-\

Do you have a bed rug? (freaking sweet) You can get that ez-lift gas shock thing for the tailgate to lower slowly....you can also get a new custom plate while its in the shop. If your going lower you can get helper bags. I dunno pm me...I got plenttttyyy of ideas :crazy:

Since your rear is getting sprayed might as well throw in the fuse box/ misc panels in the engine bay

Edited by Drako (see edit history)

ya know, after a rear impact like that *caugh caugh* I think you might need to go through and inspect the rear end. there might be some damage*caugh*

Might be time for some new gears, and maybe a detroit tru track...

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)

shave the rear tailgate handle/ flip kit...

:withstupid:

i would suggest painting the whole mirrors not just the cap again maybe your third brake light im not sure if youve done anything with it or not...

:withstupid:

I was going to say shave the stake pockets, but if you are getting the Gaylord cover I guess they won't be seen anyways.

Mr. P. :)