Dyno runs from my 04 SS

Got it figured out with the dynojet run viewer. I just had to force the scaling

Dyno graph rescaled, Stock program vs Reprogrammed

Dyno graph rescaled, stock program vs reprogrammed, then K&N tube added

Then before anyone points to my preference for Standard correction over SAE (ask any old school machinist which correction is the right one :)) I have posted the SAE corrected graphs here

Dyno graphs in SAE Correction

Yes, the levels aren't as high, but the gains are still the same :)

Just saved myself some money on a scanner, by not having to scan these dyno graphs by making this work. If anyone does want the dyno runs that I saved from this, just drop me an email and I will email them to them and the link to the dynojet viewer if you want to play with them yourself.

Thanks,

Bryan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! I installed the PCM I ordered from PCMforless yesterday and I can't even express how pleased I am. For a bolt on modification this kicks A**! I have tried just about every bolt-on in the book and nothing comes close to the power gained with this LS1 PCM. Now I know what TJMac was talking about after he had his PCM installed from these guys and said "Is this the same truck".

Anyone who has not purchased a Chip/PCM for their truck yet because they are affraid they're not going to get what they expected, I am telling you that you will be shocked at how much this performance tune can do for your truck.

If the weather is permitable this weekend I will try and get out to the track so I can post some times. I'll post the results here and on the track portion of this Forum.

Calvin

In next month's issue of Chevy High Performance we will cover a Radix install and show before and after dyno's and track times. We used a local automotive performance engineering group's dyno and ran it on the track. Because of the speed limiter in stock form we did before and after dyno's in second gear. Our dyno results would be what you would expect to see on a Mustang dyno. The dynojet will read higher. We saw 250 HP and 271 lb-ft in stock form and 340 HP and 345 lb-ft with the Radix installed.

We will be doing a follow up article on this truck where we test four more more mods on this truck. We will be doing before and after dyno runs (might just be before all mods and after all mods depending on $$$) and before and after track runs after each mod.

In next month's issue of Chevy High Performance we will cover a Radix install and show before and after dyno's and track times. We used a local automotive performance engineering group's dyno and ran it on the track. Because of the speed limiter in stock form we did before and after dyno's in second gear. Our dyno results would be what you would expect to see on a Mustang dyno. The dynojet will read higher. We saw 250 HP and 271 lb-ft in stock form and 340 HP and 345 lb-ft with the Radix installed.

We will be doing a follow up article on this truck where we test four more more mods on this truck. We will be doing before and after dyno runs (might just be before all mods and after all mods depending on $$$) and before and after track runs after each mod.

I assume you performed with the front driveshaft removed?

Will the list of mods include LS1edit tuning? Or, do you know what the mods will be already?

BenKey,

The front drive shafts were in. We measured the rolling friction and aerodynamic drag and made 100% sure we were loading the vehicle exactly as it would be loaded on the road. Vehicle loading is import to obtain the actual driverain loss and correct engine load parameters.

No LS1 edit for part 2. We have a potential list mods just not sure what order we want to install and test them. We may do a 5th mod or substitute for one of the four - not sure though. I will say the mods when we finalize our mod list. One mod will be a 3" radix pulley.

If the members like part 1 and provide positive feedback to CHP (hint!), then I will most likely get approval to do a part 3. (Part 2 is already approved.) I want to do a part 3 and would like to test LS1 edit along with a couple other mods. I'm hoping to draw upon the LS1 edit experience here to give us a running start.

250rwhp/345hp = 27.5% drivetrain loss - believable given it was a Mustang dyno

271rwtq/380tq = 28.7% drivetrain loss - again, for a Mustang dyno

From these two #'s, we can assume (yeah, I know) a drivetrain loss of 28% on a Mustang dyno

340rwhp/(1-28%) = 472hp w/ Radix installed

345rwtq/(1-28%) = 479tq w/ Radix installed

Motor hp gain = 127hp

Motor tq gain = 94 tq

Not to shabby gains for the Radix :thumbs:

Archived